Star gazing with a side of compliments

(I dont rly have an idea for this I just wanted fluff so I'm just going with it nsjssj sorry if it sucks)

(Also this chapter is kind of inspired by another oneshot I saw!)

(IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING SNSJSJS I DIDNT HAVE MOTIVATION 😃)

|Ash's POV|

Me and Eiji were on our porch, sitting on our chairs we put out there, staring up at the stars. That was a common thing we found ourselves doing almost every night since I came to Japan to live with Eiji.

Well, I was looking at the stars but Eiji wasn't. I can feel his gaze on me but I didn't mind. He was the only person that could stare at me and I wouldn't feel uncomfortable.

"Ash," Eiji called out.

"Yeah?" I turned to him and asked.

"You're very beautiful." He said, still gazing at my face.

Butterflies swarming my whole stomach. I knew I was beautiful, I've heard it many times, but it felt so different and so pure when Eiji said it.

I didn't want Eiji to know I was flustered about this though, so I just said "Damn right I am!", and flashed him a grin.

"Don't get too cocky!", Eiji said with a laugh. His laugh was lovely. I think it was my favorite sound ever.

I just smiled, thinking about how lucky I was to have him, before speaking up again, "I think you're more beautiful, though. Inside and out, but thank you."

Eiji turned his gaze to the stars. His ears and face flushed a nice shade of pink.

"You're the more attractive one, you know? But thank you."

"Says who?", I asked. I was a little upset to be honest, I didn't like it when Eiji put himself down.

"Says probably everyone. Nobody ever asked me out before you, nobody else ever thought I was attractive. People probably think you're way out of my league. I'm glad you love me though.", Eiji said, like it was a fact that everyone thought that stuff about him.

He sounded hurt, but he wore a small smile, I can see through it though. I can see the pain he has in his eyes that usually glow golden when he is happy or excited.

"Eiji, I highly doubt that people actually think that. I feel like the shy quiet kind of girls would be into you, that's probably why they didn't ask you out. They were too nervous to. You're very beautiful but you don't see it. It makes me sad that someone so beautiful and perfect is so oblivious of their own beauty and perfection."

I walked over to his chair and brought my angel into my arms for a hug and rubbed his back soothingly.

I heard little sniffles and felt wetness on my chest, it hurt to see my angel upset.

"I- I don't know why I'm c- crying.", The boy in my arms stuttered out between cries, letting out a pitiful laugh.

"It's alright, sometimes we need to cry. We wouldn't be human if we didn't.", I said still holding him in my arms trying my best to comfort him. To be honest, the situation was kind of awkward for me. I wasn't the best at comforting people but I tried my hardest to make him feel at least a little better in some way.

We stayed holding eachother until I got an idea. Whenever Eiji comforted me he would rub my back soothingly and it would help me feel a lot calmer, so I decided to do the same thing to him.

My fingers stroked his back softly and he seemed to be calming down. Eventually, he feel asleep in my arms, leaning against me.

'You're such a dummy. How do you not see how wonderful you are?'

We stayed out there together -Eiji still fast asleep in my arms - for a while, but it was starting to get dark so I carried him inside, put him into bed and tucked him in. I got under the blankets as well and cuddled into him.

'Sure, nothing is perfect, but being with him feels pretty close to perfect.'

The end~ ♡

(I hope you enjoyed this! Sorry again for not uploading for a while! I love you all <3)