Chapter 28: 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐥

["𝒂𝒏 𝒊𝒎𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒔𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒚𝒂𝒍"]_____________________________________

_____________________________________

"𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐟 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮... 𝐧𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐟𝐚𝐫 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐞... 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫."

-Makarov Dreyar
_____________________________________

"W-Whoa-" Lucy muttered, trying to gain her balance while walking on a thin ground. As usual, the men riding the boats have Lucy a warning, telling her that it's dangerous to do it, but Lucy pay them no mind even though she almost fell into the river.

"Phew... that was close." (Y/N) breathed out in relief, managing to pull Lucy away before she fell. Lucy gave out a small thank you before sighing. "I haven't been able to find any decent jobs. What am I going to do about this month's rent?"

Plue, while dancing- or at least (Y/N) thinks, let out a noise which Lucy instantly replied to it, " 'It'll work out somehow?' " She translated, before smiling at Plue's happy confirmation. She bend down, rubbing Plue's head affectionately. "I never realized you had such a positive outlook, Plue!"

(Y/N) found herself to be smiling at the blond. "Lucy, you and your Celestial friends have such a great bond..." "Haha! You flattered me- but you give me too much credit, (Y/N)! Celestial spirits... If someone tries, talking to them aren't really difficult, they're like normal people too, y'know!" Lucy sheepishly corrected with a bright grin. (Y/N) blinked at her reply, before laughing. "Yeah... Thank you, Lucy!"

Once they reached to Lucy's apartment, (Y/N) watched as Lucy opened the door. Though, she got kind confused when Lucy was still waiting for her. Seeing as (Y/N) isn't coming inside, Lucy asked, "You're not going to stay?" "Oh! No, I really don't want to impose you and I'm still sick from the Aetherion so I should be resting- I just want to tag along to chat a little with you so." (Y/N) answered.

"Alright! See you, (Y/N)!"

"See you, Lucy."

They both waved goodbyes as they went their separate ways.

And then, the day of the Harvest Festival...

(Y/N) tapped the microphone within hand, testing it to see if it works. The microphone slightly reacts, thought died down. "Hmm...." (Y/N) mumbled to herself. "Oi (Y/N), you're doing this without knowing how it works?" Max sweat-dropped at the sight before him. (Y/N) laughed awkwardly before clearing her throat. "W-Well, I'll learn it before the contest starts. Bare with me for a while."