Chapter 39: 𝐬𝐤𝐲 𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧

"If I haven't had fear, then I also wouldn't have been able to know what it's like to have bravery in my heart."

-Wendy Marvel

_________________________________________________________________________________________

"Incredible..."

"These guys... are strong!"

"What's the matter, Brain? Why have you stopped the spell?"

"Someone you know?"

"There's no mistaking it... You are Wendy." Brain muttered.

"The Maiden of the Sky!"

(Y/n)'s eyes widened as she glanced at Wendy's trembling form.

"The Maiden... of the Sky?"

She quickly pulled Wendy away from their gaze.

"I-I  don't even know what's that...!" Wendy whimpered.

(Y/N) bit her lip. "What does that mean...?" She mumbled to herself, feeling Wendy hugging her even tighter from fear.

"I didn't expect to encounter you here. It looks like we picked up a nice present." Brain happily stated. "Come!"

Unexpectedly, a green blob popped out and transformed into a hand. It went all the way to where (Y/N) and the others were, and was about to grab Wendy, when (Y/N) quickly pushed her out of the way and grabbed the blob material with her own hand in reaction.

"(Y/N)!" The trio shouted.

"It wasn't supposed to come out this way...!" (Y/N) whispered to herself in panic.

(Y/N) revealed herself to the group, still holding the green hand blob.

"Oh? Only one girl, huh. What would make the difference?" Brain scoffed. "You could've let Wendy get caught and you won't have to deal with us."

"If I did that, I have no rights to be called a Fairy Tail member." (Y/N) spat out bitterly as the green blog disappeared from her hand.

She slowly walked up to the group.

"Hmph. That sounds like a pitiful pride."

"Call it as you will. But with my life, I will protect Wendy!" (Y/N) declared.

Wendy's eyes widened in surprise at (Y/N)'s words.

"I see... If that's the case... Everyone."

Brain doesn't have to say anything. Before (Y/N) knew it, they immediately took actions, Racer being the first as he was already behind (Y/N).

"W-What a foolish-"

"Wait!"

A cry from Wendy stopped his movement.

"D-Don't... Don't hurt (Y/N)!" Wendy trembly yelled. "I-If you want to take me, then take me!"

(Y/N)'s heart almost stopped.

"W-What are you saying, Wendy?!" Carla reprimanded.

"Such brave and courageous words from you. But it makes my job easier."

Brain, once again, summoned the green blob and it captured Wendy who made no effort in resisting though it does scare her a little.

However, (Y/N) knew they wouldn't just end it like that.

Just in time before Racer could completely attack her, the stream from her magic circle below her enveloped both of them, and waves of quakes started attacking both of them.