Chapter 38: 𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐞𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬

Too lazy to do a quote or add pic:)

______________________________________________________

"I-I'm Wendy Marvel from Cait Shelter. It's nice to meet you all." The young, petite girl with dark hair that reached down her waist and two bangs framing her face which reached down her chest alongside her brown eyes.

"A girl?"

"A kid?"

"A kiddie?"

"What a surprise... The little girl is..."

(Y/N) clashed eyes with Wendy, who also seemed to realize who she was.

"It's you... The one who helped me on the train..." Wendy pointed out, though she was kind of whispering it to herself.

(Y/N) slowly let the facts register her that fate caused them to meet again and smiled as she walked to the young lass.

She patted her head in reassurance.

"And now, all four guilds have gathered." (Y/N) updated.

"You're just going to continue on?!" Gray shouted.

"But seriously,"

"Sending this little one girl for such a big mission? What is Cait Shelter thinking?"

Sherry does raise a point. Until an familiar voice popped up.

"Oh, really? She's not alone, Miss Too-Much-Makeup."

Everyone glanced at the much smaller character coming up to them... which is a cat with formal outfit, similar to Happy, except in the most refined way.

"A cat?"

"Looks like it."

"The same as Happy!"

"It talks!"

"Too much makeup? How cruel!"

"That's her problem?"

"Carla, you came with me?" Wendy inquired as she wasn't expecting for the cat to appear before them.

"Of course! I'd be far too worried with you going alone." Carla scoffed as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"A cat?" the Trimen suddenly resonate.

"Delayed reaction?!"

Carla also seemed to notice Happy. But outright ignore him, sending shock waves into Happy as he unexpectedly fallen in love with her at first sight.

He slowly stomp to Lucy and tug on her boot. Lucy looked down at Happy.

"Hey, Lucy... Would you give her this fish of mine?"

"Huh? Wait, is this love at first sight?" Lucy, seeing his motive, giggled. "Now, now... You have to make your move yourself or it won't work."

Happy became all sweaty and flustered. Then, Lucy started doing his work.

"You llllllllllike her!" She rolled her tongue.

"You're mimicking me! And you're rolling your tongue 3 times more!"

"U-Um..." Wendy suddenly spoke up, though her eyes keep shifting to (Y/N) and the group behind her. "I can't fight at all... but I can use a lot of magic that can help support you. So... So please don't leave me out!"

The way she expressed that... It doesn't sound like she's whining or anything, but it's more like she's begging somehow? Everyone wasn't sure what to say, at least, everyone except that partner of hers.