Chapter 35: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

______________________________

(I was too lazy to do a quote today:)

______________________________

The festival ended a week ago. The town is finally back to its usual, tranquil self.

Of course, the news of Laxus' expulsion came as a great shock to everyone.

Natsu complained about it constantly, until yesterday.

"This is just wrong, Gramps! How could you expel Laxus?" Natsu protested loudly that everyone in the guild could hear him. "Isn't he our friend?!"

As usual, their eyes were on Natsu, who continued battering master's decision.

"Friends fighting with each other is normal, isn't it?"

"Enough already, Natsu." Erza rebuked in an attempt to stop his whining.

That didn't seem to do the trick as he only ignored her command.

"I want to have another showdown with him!" This earned a look of exasperation from both Erza and the Master.

"This time I'll be strong enough to face him one on one!"

"I said enough!" Erza chastised, grabbing Natsu's shoulder to calm him down.

"Consider Master's feelings! Do you think he truly wished to expel Laxus?"

"But..."

Happy popped out from Natsu's free shoulder, catching their attention.

"It's because Laxus' is a Dragon Slayer, just like (Y/N) and Natsu."

"No..." Makarov interrupted. "He's not a Dragon Slayer."

Everyone became bewildered, and curious.

The Master then told them a surprising story. According to the Master, Laxus had a very weak body as a child. So Laxus' father, Master Ivan, implanted his son with a lacrima that lets him use Dragon Slayer magic.

"... A Dragon Slayer lacrima, huh?" (Y/N) muttered under her breath, though still heard within earshot.

"Who knew there was such a thing?" Happy added on.

The Master said he would take full responsibility for his grandson's actions and retire. Everyone tried their best to talk him out of it, but...

"Please don't punish Laxus any more. If Laxus hears that you've retired, Mastet..."

Freed appeared before Makarov with a new haircut, showing his will to repent and an air of nostalgia.

He, showing this, was the one who managed to talk to the Master out of it.

Speaking of Freed, (Y/N) had noticed he and the other Raijinshuu have become a bit more sociable. At least, in her own opinion.

Mostly because they used to hang out with her before Laxus, and after his leave, they came up to her and apologized for their behavior and asked to become friends again. (Y/N) replied that she still considered them as her comrades, and would gladly hang out with the Raijinshuu again like the old times.