Chapter 36: 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 & 𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐲

["𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

["𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞."]

-Lucy Heartfillia.

_______________________________

"Things are oddly quiet today."

"It's nice to have days like this once in a while. It's kind of lonely, though."

(Y/N) raised the ignited string to Natsu who took a bite out of it. As he did, he grumbled in frustration.

"Damn it... If only I had Virgo... I'd have been able to dig it up..."

"Eh? You didn't ask Lucy to dig it up for you when she got there?" (Y/N) questioned, looking at Kucy who face-palmed at the table.

"I could so care less about that already! Let's go on a job!" Lucy whined, crying river of tears.

"But I totally care." Natsu retorted back in the same tone as Lucy except it's more of mocking her instead.

Lucy sighed. "What'll I do about this month's rent?"

"Hmm... Let's go on a job with just the two of us then, Lucy!" (Y/N) suggested, which Lucy immediately perked up.

"Really?! Oh, I'm so grateful for your kind heart, (Y/N)! Thank you!" She cried out, ultimately hugging (Y/N) in the process.

(Y/N) sweat-dropped at her dramatic response.

"I mean... I don't want the landlady to kick you out on your very own home..." She laughed slightly, patting Lucy's back. Then, she turned to Natsu.
"Natsu, are you sure you don't want to come along with us? I think it's time for you to work already... It's been quiet a while too..."

"Eh... Alright then." Natsu hesitantly agreed.

(Y/N) smiled happily when she suddenly felt Lucy stop on her track.

"Hmm? Is there something wrong, Lucy?" (Y/N) inquired, noticing that Lucy was looking out at the opened entrance door.

There was a brief silence before Lucy returned back to her seat and began pondering in thought.

"Maybe it was my imagination... but lately, I've been getting a feeling like I'm being watched."

Natsu and Happy started whispering to each other, Happy holding a book.