Chapter 22: 𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚

["no matter what

["no matter what."]
___________________________

"Confusion, worries, failures... I think they help us grow as people. So embrace your confusion. I feel it's proof that you're alive."

-Lucy Heartfillia
___________________________

"Lucy!"

(Y/N) has been calling out for her friend for quite some time now, strolling through the busy street, but she couldn't find her blonde friend among the crowds nor can she hear her voice due to these constant, loud chatters. However, she continue to head deeper away from the people, and she still don't see or hear Lucy replying to her calls.

Which is strange considering the elemental mage felt her aura despite it being a little weak.

Did Lucy went back to the hospital while she was searching for her? That could be a possibility to why (Y/N) still hasn't found her. Maybe she was worrying for nothing?

"I'm gonna head back. I don't think I'll find her here... Who knows, she might've already gone back to the hospital and the trio woke up." (Y/N) said to herself.

(Y/N) is still unsure about stopping right here. While waiting for Lucy, she suddenly has this nagging feeling to go look for her friend. Of course, she listened to her gut feeling, and now seeing Lucy disappeared off somewhere worries her. She knows Lucy isn't the type to run off, and even if she did, why?

Then something clicked.

The Phantom.

"D-Don't tell me...?!" (Y/N) gasped in realization.

"W-Wait...."

This is suspicious, the whole entire situation is odd. Now that (Y/N) could think clearly...

First off, why did the Phantom attack them now after all their years of rivalry?

Second of, what is their motive for doing this?

Of course, it could be because they a plan... but what plan?

Could the motive also be that the Master, being a spoiled child, want to defeat Makarov? But... For some reason, she felt there's a more deeper explanation for all of this.

(Y/N) softly groan. Her mind hurts, trying to see the Phantom's side.

(Oh I forgot to mention that happy is there too, lol.)