48 - insults

LOUIS PARTRIDGE // December 8, 2020

"i feel so bad for her," i muttered.

"why?" lily asked me innocently.

"cause," i said, "her friend is so toxic to her and she can't even see it. she's usually so mean to y/n and i don't wanna be rude and tell y/n anything because she might find me intrusive or annoying."

"mm," she said understandingly. "you would be a bad friend to her if you didn't warn her about her toxic friends."

"i guess.." i said in slight realization. "i should probably talk to her, hm?"

"yep," she replied. 

"i love your girlfriend," lily spoke in admiration. "she seems so sweet, and she's really pretty too."

"right?" i blushed slightly. 

"i don't know how you pulled her, to be honest-" 

"ah here we go again with the insults," i cut her off, rolling my eyes jokingly at her rude and slightly harsh comment.

"i meaaaan, if she gets tired of you i'm totally willing to date her." lily giggled. i knew she was joking- well, i hope.

"no way you're stealing my girl!" i scoffed dominantly. 

"your girl huh?" she smirked.

i blushed at her statement, thankfully, the bell rang at the precisely right time as we walked to our next class.  

──────────────── 

"mum! i'm home!" i shouted, incase she was upstairs, as i walked through the front door, shutting the large oak door. i scanned the area to see my mother cutting what looked like potatoes on the countertop.

"hey louis." she greeted me with a smile. 

i smiled back at her and walked upstairs to my room, dropping my backpack lazily on the floor where i usually placed it since i didn't really have a proper place for it.

i turned on the tv, putting it on some random sitcom just to provide background noise before hopping in my unmade bed. i could really use some cleaning, i looked around at the clothes that layed on the floor, the clutter i had made on my bedside table surrounding my lamp,  and the drawers that i don't remember opening, opened. 

i sighed before crawling off the bed and jumping to my dresser, changing into a white shirt and some pajamas to get more comfortable, before grabbing my laptop to do the small bit of homework i had to do. 

an hour or two had passed and my homework was finished, and i was just laying on my bed using my phone as usual. i ran my hand through my messy hair, dragging my hand unconciously to my chin. 

i was scrolling through instagram, before seeing the photo y/n had posted a few hours ago. i smiled as i swiped through the small collection of photos she uploaded.

her smile looked so genuine in the photos she had took in her mirror. i blushed and looked up at the ceiling as i felt a small random spurt of happiness at the pit of my stomach.

before i could stare at the girl any longer, was that weird?

anyways.

before i could look at y/n's pictures for any longer, my sister millie walked in my room, her phone in hand as she looked like she was recording me. i looked at her in confusion, she was approaching me and- she took my airpods from my ears and walked away with them. i'm guessing it was a prank for some tiktok. of course. i was used to it at this point. 

i groaned, getting up and fixing my hair in the mirror near my bed. i got out of the room to retrieve my stolen earphones. 

AUTHORS NOTE

idk why my chapters are so short but like 
idk lol there u go i guess

ill try to update longer but it might take more time
so uhhh what do u guys want me to do- like longer
updates or more frequent and shorter updates?

anyways go take care of urself for me!!! have u eaten today? :>