52 - trust

LOUIS' POV

"shit," i exclaimed.

"language," issie hissed from beside me in the uber, "what happened?"

"i haven't replied to y/n's texts, she's been texting me over and over again for hours," i murmured, scrolling up to see her older messages. i felt really bad, i knew she tended to overthink. i was just really busy with packing and work that i hadn't replied, plus, i was knocked out the whole flight. 

"it's fine," she reassured me, "i'm sure you coming to visit her as a surprise will make up for it." 

i nodded in understanding. we were on the way to a hotel, and since i needed a legal companion, issie was forced to accompany me to go to the world premiere, oh, and to visit y/n, of course.

i was gonna be in the same hotel as millie bobby brown, and it was luckily paid for by management. they also got issie her own hotel room too. thank god, i really wasn't ready to share rooms with her, especially after all that jetlag and the long flight. i've been planning to visit y/n for a while now, and luckily, the premiere was right in time for the holiday season. it was the perfect opportunity to come. 

"we're here," the driver said, turning to face me and my sister.

"alright, um, thank you," issie smiled at him, handing him the cash. i followed her out the car, going to the back of the car to take our suitcases. we were parked in front of a huge hotel, the front entrance already looking really expensive. there were limousines parked around the area, and there were lots of people wearing fancy suits and carrying pricy looking brief cases.

i, however, would clearly stand out as i was wearing a hoodie i stole from my older sister issie, and gray sweatpants. issie was wearing a yellow sundress that was flowy at the end which went down until just below her knees. i wasn't really dressed up since, well, who dresses up at airports? i wanted to be comfortable. the premiere wasnt until december 22nd, and that was in just nearly 2 weeks, so i had no real reason to be fancy. 

"come on," my sister nodded her head, in a gesture for me to follow after her. 

we walked up the shiny white marble stairs that led up to the glass doors. we definitely got a few stares from probably really rich businessmen, but i couldn't do anything but ignore them. as soon as we got to the rooms, the first thing i'd do was call y/n. 

"your names please?" the lady at the front desk asked, she looked quite intimidating, and probably in her early late 30s or early 40s. she looked down at us slightly, her hands hovering over a computer keyboard.

"um, issie partridge," issie smiled. 

"louis partridge," i mumbled.

"room 409," the lady i've yet to learn the name of said to my sister, handing a keycard as the 19 year old girl received it. 

"anddd, room 416 for you," she handed me an identical keycard but it had the number 416 printed on it instead of 409. 

"thank you," i said, trying to tone down my accent a bit. 

"you can hand over your luggage to the staff." she said, gesturing to the men in uniform carrying around those contraptions on wheels with suitcases on them.