55 - notification

"fucking hell, y/n, that was terrifying!" louis whispered as he held my hand, running up the stairs behind me. issie was downstairs still talking with my parents, i assume. 

"good evening, mrs. l/n, mr. l/n." i mocked him. it was quite a failure as my british accent wasn't as good. 

"was i that bad?" he asked shamefully. 

"no! i was joking," i replied, making direct eye contact with him as we entered my room. 

"you were amazing, my parents love you!" i assured him. i grabbed both of his warm and oddly sweaty hands, squeezing them as a sign of comfort. 

"yeah?" he asked me. i immediately nodded and sat down on the bed, patting the space beside me, gesturing that he could come sit. 

"this is the first time i've ever been to your room," he mentioned. "it's pretty,"

"pretty messy," i chuckled, laying flat on my back as i held my phone in my other hand. silence took over our conversation, but it was hard to ignore the fact he was sitting up beside me, staring.

"are you done staring? i know i'm perfect," i joked. he flinched slightly, snapping back into reality. 

"hm?" he murmured.

"nothing," i giggled, rolling my eyes. he seemed to be zoning out a lot.

i got a notification from my phone, i held it over my face, checking to see what it was. 

julie<3
hey i need ur help

my face dropped, i obviously didn't want to talk to her right now. we just fought and she hasn't read or reacted to my apology. louis must've noticed my sudden change in emotion, though.

"hey? what happened?"  he asked, scooting closer and looking at me with a concerned expression. 

"it's nothing," i said, swallowing the lump in my throat. 

he looked hesitant, before forming his lips into a line and nodding slowly. "are you sure? you uh- alright?"

"mhmm," i insisted. i turned off my phone and placed it beside me, deciding to reply to julie's message later. "um- anyway, tell me something random,"

"something random?" he raised an eyebrow. 

"yeah, start a conversation. we honestly talk like we've never met before,"

"alright- well," he looked at me again, pausing to think. "when we first you know- met, at that hotel." 

i nodded, sitting up, excited to hear what he was about to say. 

"okay so, i was there with issie getting food and we were filming for enola holmes at the time. i approached you cause-" he paused, smiling a little as if he didn't want to continue.

"what?" i laughed confusedly.

"cause i- you know, thought you were kinda pretty," he admitted.