28 - i insist

( louis' pov )

────────────────

"louis i swear you'll be fine!" millie said.

"okay but what if she doesn't wanna take it anywhere?" 

"louis. seriously." she said sternly. i sighed and just nodded quickly to avoid continuing the conversation.
"now, uh- would you help me carry all my stuff in your trunk," she snickered as i did what she said.

millie's been trying to convince me ever since i told her about me and y/n to ask her to be my girlfriend and i just couldn't get the guts to actually do it. i was mostly overthinking it, atleast, that's what she told me. 

we were on the way to pick her up, and i was evidently more nervous than usual, but excited nonetheless. 

"is your sister gonna be at your house?" millie asked.

i shook my head, i sent her off to one of her other friend's house because i didn't want her causing trouble at our house.

( y/n's pov )

────────────────

"can you not go out with your boyfriend literally everyday?" julie complained. i rolled my eyes and closed my duffel bag i was bringing to louis' house.

"julie just let y/n have fun," noah said, peeping his head through my bedroom door. thank god for noah. 

"not you defending her," julie scoffed under her breath.

"julie we're only staying here for less than a month, at least let y/n spend time with louis. she deserves it after all." he explained. julie gave him a dirty look and stomped back to her room.

i gave noah a grateful smile as he returned the gesture, leaving my bedroom.

i soon heard the doorbell ring. i ran to the door with all my stuff, wearing a gray hoodie and white sweatpants, just like the majority of the clothes i had packed. 

"hey y/n!"millie greeted. i smiled and pulled her into a warm hug. 
"louis is waiting in the car. he's a bit nervous. oh! don't tell him i told you that." she placed her hand on her mouth as we both pulled away, giggling.

"i've been packing all day. i'm really excited." i said. she nodded energetically and we walked side-by-side to the elevator. 

"okay uhm, there wasn't much paparazzi outside on the way here, but you can never be too careful," millie started speaking while we were walking outside of the apartment complex.

i watched as she pulled up the hood of her hoodie and put on black sunglasses to disguise herself. i let out a small laugh as we walked to louis' car that was parked in front of the building.

we sprinted to his car, the two of us quickly getting into the back seat.

louis turned to face us, his other hand placed on the steering wheel with his fingers tapping to the beat of the song on the radio.

"hi!" he said, a small smile painted onto his lips.

"hi louis," me and millie said in sync. we got settled in the car. 

"i'm so excited," millie clapped her hands, i laughed at her hyperactivity. louis nodded and turned up the a/c. 

we drove to his house, louis was a little silent but we didn't worry much about it when we started to vibe to the music on the radio.

"we're here!" louis said, pulling up to his familiar household. millie squealed, louis turned off the car and helped us get our stuff from the back of the car. 

"alright, uhm, since it's pretty early do you guys wanna get settled in my bedroom?" louis asked us, me and millie nodded and carried our stuff upstairs. he opened the door to his bedroom, it looked the same as last time, just a little neater with a medium-sized mattress layed out beside his queen size bed.

"i'm afraid there's only room for one on the mattress, so you two can sleep on my be-" louis started, before he was cut off by millie. 

"no no, i'm fine sleeping on the mattress," she said, clapping her hands together and sitting on the edge of the bed. "you and louis can sleep on his bed," 

"no i swear-" louis was again interrupted by millie. i honestly wouldn't mind it, though.

"i insist, lou." she smiled innocently. the boy scoffed and turned to me. 

i shrugged, "i mean, i don't mind." i muttered. louis nodded slowly and i watched millie's lips curl into a smirk. i could tell this was gonna be fun.

AUTHORS NOTE

oh my god im so sorry for the unannounced break. 
i've been so overwhelmed w school i couldnt find the time
to write but i mean here we are!!!! im really sorry
i'll be updating everyday (as much as i can) from now on :)

sorry for this boring chapter i've been trying to write
this same chapter for weeks now. ive also had no motivation to
write for so long, sorry ab that. but tell me how u guys like it<3

I ALSO CANT BELIVE HOW FAST THIS BOOK IS GROWING AAA
ILY ALL SO MUCH IM UNBELIEVABLY GRATEFUL FOR ALL THE SUPPORT
I JUST HIT 100K READS ON THIS BOOK A WEEK AGO AND WE'RE ALR AT
120K🥺 SDVBJKFFH THANK U GUYS SO SO SO SO MUCHHH<33