SPECIAL

•°•☆ 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 ☆•°•

"Children," Shinobu smiled, "Bring your bags and gather here. Quick!"

Three children instantly emerged from the bedroom with empty bags on their hands. It was still early, so they weren't really running and chasing each other around.

They quickly sat down on the living room's carpet while attentively looking at their mother who wore a meaningful smile.

Shizuku yawned and nudged Mizuki, "Mama's plotting something crazy again."

"I'm starting to feel sorry for Otou-san." She whispered back before sighing.

Giyu wasn't present at the moment as he was out buying groceries and yes, by himself. He couldn't say 'no' to his wife otherwise there'd be war.

"Are we gonna hide in Mimi-chan's closet again?" Shino tilted her head and rubbed her eyes.

"No, my dear." Shinobu patted her head, "Mitsuri's busy cleaning with Iguro-san."

"Oh? Then are we staying at home today, Oka-san?" Mizu asked, quite suspicious about her smile.

"We're hiding at Tengen's today!" Shinobu beamed and started packing clothes in her children's bags. "He said his wives wanted to meet the three of you too."

'Sorry, Otou-san. I'm afraid of you, but Oka-san's scarier' Mizuki thought before sighing to herself.

"Now, let's start packing some more. We'll only stay there for tonight. Your Papa can survive a night without us, so don't worry."

Shinobu hummed and smiled.

Truth is she just wants to annoy her husband every now and then by visiting the other pillars' houses. It's a win-lose situation, but at least it adds thrill to their relationship or so she thinks.

Shizuku scratched his belly and furrowed his eyebrows as if he's thinking of something, "Isn't it Papa's birthday today?"

"Birthday? Yay!" Shino stood up and jumped around.

Mizuki's eyes lit and thought of a perfect excuse from hiding from their father, "Shouldn't we surprise him instead, Oka-san? He's gonna be home soon."

"Mhmm..." Shinobu zipped up the bags before giggling, "We're surprising him by disappearing from this house."

Mizuki and Shizuku sighed for the nth time while the youngest kept rejoicing about Giyu's birthday. If there's one thing Mizu and Shizu agrees with, it is to stop their mother from annoying their father.

They had no choice but to oblige and start stuffing their toys inside their bags. Half of them is tired of this, but they secretly want to see their father's reaction too.

Of course, they also want to meet their parents' friends and see the places outside too.

In the middle of packing, Shino crawled and silently sat beside Shinobu's legs. She looked at ger mother with big eyes before opening her mouth to speak.

"Mama... can you tell us about the legend of the demons again?"

"Shino, don't believe such things. Demons aren't and weren't real." Mizuki shook her head and giggled.

Everything flashed back in Shinobu's mind. It felt like it was just yesterday. All the happiness, pain, sadness, anger, fear and remarkable memories she thought of made her smile immediately.