O27

•°•☆ 𝙺𝚘𝚌𝚑𝚘 𝚂𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚘𝚋𝚞 ☆•°•

"Cold." I mumbled while sprinting on the roofs once again.

We were already given details about the demons we'd be facing later. Yes, it's already getting darker. The commotion was just in a nearby town, like what Mitsuri told me.

It was a small town, which means that a demon can be easily sighted. The problem is that there were a lot of trees in that particular area.

It almost looked like a forest to me.

"How about we split up?" I suggested to the Water Pillar and the Love Pillar. Not that I made eye contact with them though.

In that way, we could easily find the demon disturbing the town. That's also a faster way to get this mission accomplished in my opinion.

The cold breeze was making me shiver, but I'd rather stay here for hours than make eye contact with them.

"Good idea, Shinobu." Mitsuri's voice sounded so jolly and enthusiastic.

I regret bringing up a suggestion like that since I know where this is going to.
Immediately, I tried taking back what I said.

"Nevermind. That's a bad ide–"

"I'll make rounds separately." She raised her eyebrows twice, "I can handle myself."

"I can handle myself to–"

"Says the one who can't decapitate a demon." Mitsuri laughed softly before turning to look at Tomioka who was attentively looking around.

"I'll leave Shinobu's life in your hands." She tapped his shoulder before sprinting away from the both of us.

She seriously headed towards a different direction from ours.

I almost stopped sprinting when my gaze followed where she disappeared into.

I gulped and placed my attention back infront of me. Crows can be heard throughout the village and it's making the atmosphere even more awkward than it already is.

Tomioka and I were alone, sprinting roof by roof. He didn't seem bothered that Mitsuri left both of us together.

I took a deep breath before focusing again. If we can find the demon, then we can head back immediately. But then I realized, am I too rude not to start a conversation?

Funny how I can still think while sprinting.

I held onto my nichirin blade properly just incase a demon jumps and attack us. As much as I want to remain quiet, I also think that this might be a nice time to clear everything with Tomioka.

I should be clear with these feelings.

I wore on the best smile I could before speaking up.

"My My." I looked up at the sky, "Isn't the moon lovely tonight?"

My heart, once again, started thumping real hard.

"Right, Tomioka-san?" I shot a sideward glance at him as he took every step on the roof seriously.

We turned left after reaching the end of the village. We need to search for other locations and directions.

"Tomioka-san we should get along, don't you think?"

He remained silent.

"You might end up alone again." I let out a soft laugh after speaking. Teasing him now while he still has his mouth shut is a great opportunity. He really looks like a loner to me though.