OO8

•°•☆ 𝙺𝚘𝚌𝚑𝚘 𝚂𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚘𝚋𝚞 ☆•°•

"You did what?!" Mitsuri seemed to be amazed by what I did.

I am currently having a small chat with this lady over here when I unintentionally told him about what happened to me and Tomioka.

"What?" I asked.

"You made him think he's an idiot?" Mitsuri gaped at me.

"It's not like it's not true." I closed my eyes and placed my cheek on my right hand's palm.

"That's cruel, Shinobu-san!" Mitsuri frowned before whispering. "How did you do it?"

"Is asking 'how' necessary?" I opened my eyes and raised an eyebrow at him.

"Nothing... it's just that... it's just surprising." She pursed her lips.

"What do you mean?"

"Tomioka-san isn't the type of person who'd go and bug you around." She squinted her eyes before smirking. "What's between both of you, hm?"

"My, my. You're asking too many questions." I smiled before standing up. I spoke again just before she could utter a word. "I just remembered that I need to do something. Later again, Mitsuri."

I sprinted away from her.

Me and Tomioka-san...?

"Yo, Kocho!" My thoughts were disrupted when Sanemi entered the estate.

"Quit the formalities." I crossed both of my arms before walking towards him. He just shaked his head 'no'.

"I like calling you Kocho." He stuck his tongue out. "It reminds me of her."

I knew it.

"Do you miss her?" I asked and he just gave me a faint smile before nodding.

"Very much." He sighed.

"Where have you been, anyways?" I asked.

Shinazugawa Sanemi, the man who admired my late older sister.

My late older sister.

"Ah, I strolled with Genya for a bit. Why?" He shrugged.

I looked around before speaking again. "I'm sorry, but where's Genya?" There was no sign of his brother around.

He blinked several times at me before looking around, realizing things.

"Crap." He cussed. "I'll be back, Kocho. I think I left him." He chuckled before sprinting back, outside the estate.

"That guy." I heaved a sigh before walking again.

I miss my sister.

I looked at the blue sky.

I miss you, Onee-san.

I had no idea where to go next. I just started walking while having no idea where to go to in my mind.

Eventually, I decided to roam around the estate.

Come think of it, Kanao hasn't come back yet.

Please be safe.

My attention was caught by the butterflies flying near the well.

"Pretty as always." I smiled to myself.

It was where Kanao used to stand all the time.

It was all nice and peaceful - the view, the butterflies - when I suddenly heard his voice.

"Kocho." He called out.

I searched where the owner of the voice was located.

"Kocho." He called out again.

That was when I found him.

Guess what? He's staying at his favorite place again. Near the fish pond.

"Nani?" I looked at him.

"Betsuni." He pursed his lips. His face was emotionless as always.

"Tomioka-" I was cut off when he spoke again.

"Kocho."

"Yes?" I can feel my nerves twitching out of irritation.

"Betsuni." He shifted his gaze at the fish pond.

I clenched my fists and walked towards him. I could really punch him right now, but strenght is what I would be lacking.

"Tomioka-san." I forced a smile.

"Hm?" He turned his attention at me.

"Nandemonai." I mocked while shaking my head.

"Pfft." He covered his mouth.

"Nani, Tomioka-san?" I asked while putting a smile on my face. Did he just prevent laughing?

"Betsuni." He smiled and turned his back at me.

I blinked several times before processing things.

Did Tomioka just smile?