Chapter 10 - moonlight

I got back to the dorms with my hair hiding my neck, I can't believe he's given me a hickey.. 3 of them! I sighed and walked into the dorm room and saw Ymir laid on her bed "Someone's back late" I chuckled awkwardly and put my bag on the back of my chair and sat down at my desk, trying my hardest to hide the hickeys with my hair, while Ymir is asleep I'm going to have to learn to hide them.
I stayed quiet and took off my shoes to feel Ymir's soft hand on my shoulder, she brushed my hair out of the way with her hand and bellowed out a laugh "I knew it! You are terrible hiding hickeys" Ymir laughed at me as she counted the 3 spread on my neck and collarbone. I felt my face go red as I pushed her back, if she asks I'm going to have to make something up, she wouldn't believe me if I said it was just a hook up. "So who's the lucky sod you've got wrapped around your finger?" Ymir leant back in her bed, arms crossed as her left leg crossed over her right, I bit my bottom lip as I got changed "Just this guy I met in the library, he's in criminal science" I blatantly lied, it felt horrible lying to Ymir but I can't tell her the truth, it would ruin both me and Erwin. A chuckle escaped her lips as I got changed into my pyjamas, I went to take my makeup off before I saw my phone ding, it was a text from Erwin?
Erwin- Meet me at the park by your friends apartment in 5 xx
I raised my eyebrow and chewed on my bottom lip, chucking a hoodie over my vest and shorts putting trainers on "where you going now?" Ymir raised her eyebrow as she lifted up her phone showing that she was ordering food, I shook my head and tied my hair up in a ponytail "Don't bother ordering me anything, got a text from a mate" I walked out of the dorm building and began walking in the direction of Mikasa's, what is it that he would want? I put my hood up and checked my phone, I text Erwin back and chewed on my hoodie string.
Me- im on my way, is everything okay? Xxx
Erwin - Yeah you'll see xxx
His response felt ominous, why would he want to meet me in a park aswell? I sighed and looked up at the sky as the stars shone brightly, I finally got to the park and saw Erwin sat on a bench, he was wearing black jogging bottoms and a hoodie, defiantly looked dodgy.
"Hey you okay?" I put my hood down and walked towards him, even in the darkness his eyes were as bright as ever, a smile spread across his face as he gripped onto my wrist pulling me close "I missed you, I didn't want to meet you on campus in case someone would be watching" He smiled and stroked my cheek, I blushed and looked at his hand as he got up, he moved his hand from my cheek and held onto mine, his hands perfectly held onto mine like they were meant for me. "Come on, I know a good spot"

Erwin lead me to a beautiful spot in the middle of the woods surrounding the park, it was a clearing with a bench in place surrounded by stunning rose bushes with some hydrangeas sprinkled around, oak trees towered over the outer of the clearing having a perfect view of the sky and the stars above. "Woah.. it's beautiful" I held onto Erwin's hand as I glanced up at the stars, the moon light up the area perfectly, crisp cut shadows of the trees filling the space. I could feel Erwin's eyes on me as I turned around to face him, I chuckled at him and grabbed his hand pulling him to me as we were in the middle of the clearing
"You look stunning as ever under the moonlight.." Erwin froze in place as he spoke softly, I smiled blushing, he was always so complimentary it made me feel a lot more confident in the aspects of myself that I didn't like that he loved. "You're too sweet" I stroked his cheek cupping his face in my hands, I stood on my tiptoes and pecked his lips softly, I felt Erwin smile into the kiss before kissing me back. I never understood why people took risks when you could easily get by in life, I would always prefer to never try anything new and stick by the same routine everyday and every night, being with Erwin I could understand why people took these risks cause damn it felt good.

We stayed in the clearing for a couple of hours, I was laid down on the grass looking up at the stars, my head resting against Erwin's chest as I listened to his heartbeat.
"Are you cold at all?" Erwin spoke with slight concern in his voice, I shook my head and smiled looking up at him, even if we weren't romantically interested in each other this is perfect and all I've ever really wanted, to watch the world go by while laid on the grass of a random park with the noises of the city ring through my ears. I felt my eyes beginning to close as Erwin's heartbeat soothes me to sleep like a lullaby, once asleep I'm practically in a coma.

I woke up to the sound of an alarm different from my phone alarm, it was a ring from a clockwork alarm, I opened my eyes and saw myself in a bedroom that definitely wasn't mine, did Erwin take me back to his?
"where in the bloody hell am I?" I furrowed my eyebrows and sat up, I was still in my pyjamas from yesterday but now with fluffy white socks over my ankle socks. The room I was in was huge, a king sized bed with silk mattress covers, a heavy duvet with a white and light brown pattern and cream silk throw over the bottom half of the bed, the bed frame itself was a spruce colour easily matching with the duvet. I leant against the multiple stacks of pillows behind me and continued observing the room, the walls were a beautiful cream colour with bookshelves along one wall, shelves placed strategically on the walls with both statues and photos on them, most of the photos and canvases being of Renaissance art with a dash of the occasional family pictures hung up, one of which being a picture of Erwin, Hange and Levi, Erwin and Hange with the biggest grins of their faces contrasting to Levi's scold.
There was some faux vines draping around miscellaneously in the room, some even against the bed rest, I got up and stretched my arms out noticing a cardigan of Erwin's draped over a lounge chair by his desk, I thought to myself before grabbing the cardigan and putting it on and walked out of his room.

I could smell a mix of foods of savoury and sweet, walking towards the smell I saw Erwin plating up some food, I could recognise some of it being pancakes and bacon "this looks amazing" I couldn't keep myself quiet as I saw Erwin quickly turn around, a beaming smile spread across his face, I smiled and walked towards Erwin and the plates "Glad to see you woke up feeling fine, you were shivering when I noticed you feel asleep and I thought it would be better if I took you to mine instead of waking you up" His hand draped around my waist as his cold fingertips grazed against my thigh, it felt weird being in his home, I feel like I don't belong here and that I'm intruding on his personal life. "You can keep that if you want, it was too small for me but it's perfectly oversized on you" I blushed softly and held the cardigan close to me, I looked up at Erwin before instantly being distracted by the blaring fire alarm, I flinched and quickly covered my ears unable to handle the loud ringing. I cowered into my hands and squeezed my eyes shut, I've always hated loud noises, especially if they're sudden like that.
"I think that's a sign that we should eat the food before it goes cold" I chuckled softly after Erwin turned off the alarm.