3. Acquaintance

In the afternoon Tay is the first person who entered the conference room. He already completed reading the file given by New. He highlighted few points which seems to be important and he is going through them again. He just wanted to make sure he didn't miss anything important. when New entered, Tay didn't notice him. Tay is still busy with his notes.

New walk towards Tay and stood behind him to check why is he so busy that he didn't even notice him.

"I must say, quite impressive!" stated New while seating besides Tay.

Tay got nervous seeing New appearing in front of him from nowhere, he smiled shyly and said "Yeah, I... I... finished reading and there is nothing much to do so.... So... I thought of coming here before time." 

"Ohhh..." Said New while putting his head on right hand resting it on the desk.

"Ahh, by the way, Mr. Tithipoom, thank you " said Tay looking at New. New looked confused, he didn't understand why Tay is saying thank you to him.

"For helping me." Said Tay as he understood New's confusion. To which New laugh

"1st it's Newwiee but New for you, 2nd it is my job, so no need to say thank you Te " New smiled and took the notes from Tay to read.

"It's Tay not Te. " Tay was becoming more nervous the way New seating close to him.

New laugh somehow he sensed Tay's nervousness "I understood.... Teee...." He said to tease Tay.

Looking at New smiling like this and teasing him like this even Tay started smiling brightly. They weren't aware that the two eyes are looking at them. Singto came in and looking at him New just got up from his seat
"Hey look what he has done."

New handed Singto file which Singto look briefly.
"Man you were right, he is something." Commented New looking at Tay.
Tay started feeling shy about New's statement. On other hand Singto still going through the file.
"Good work." Said Singto and Tay finally breathed. New who is noticing Tay's reaction smiled unknowingly.

The meeting started in time and everyone got impressed with the way Tay is sharing his ideas passionately. After meeting they all chatted for a while over a tea. He realized one thing that even though Mr. Parachaya seems to be strict but he is very much approachable.

Throughout the conversation, they all asked Tay about his previous experience and so on. Tay answered them all politely with his signature smile. New thought this is another plus point Tay have, with this smile anyone can do anything for him.

At the end of the day, Tay settled himself of his favourite place with a cup of coffee. He wanted to read the book but somehow whenever he started reading his mind too started to wonder the events happened with New. The way he teases him the way he understood him without a word, it's something unusual for him. Even though Tay has many friends but only Off is the person till now who can read Tay's real emotions behind his smile.

Off is his childhood friend and he is with him like forever, they studied together played together even worked together. So for Off knowing Tay is not a surprising thing, because they are sharing that bond. But what about New? Is he really good at knowing people that much in just one meeting? Can he read everyone like that or it's just Tay with whom he did that? ...

Tay's mind is only occupied by New's thoughts when his cell started ringing. Tay got annoyed he just don't want to break his train of thoughts. When he saw the caller name he immediately picked up.

"Hello, Peng... "
Listening to his friend's voice Tay's lips curls upwards.

"Missing me already? " Tay asked with a smirk.

"Miss you..? My ass " said Off to which Tay laugh his heart out. He knows that Off is missing him since the time he shifted to this place. It's become their ritual to call at this time and tell everything to each other about their day. As a decisive person likes Off it's hard to accept this kind of facts, and saying it louder is just next to impossible.

Tay always likes this side of his friend. Off never allow anyone to enter in his emotional world just like that, they have to gain that trust. Even they are childhood friends but it took like ages for Tay to be a part of his world. Tay is glad that he is there with him whenever he felt alone.

Before shifting to new city Tay even had a thought of backing out but it was Off who encouraged him. He put some sense in Tay's mind that time that's why Tay can live his dream right now.

On the phone call, Tay told Off about his first-day experience. In the excitement, he told him everything with every single detail. The first meeting with Singto, New coming to his office, what they had talked, in the meeting how New made him comfortable, how everyone praised him. On the other side Off only humming after every statement. When he felt Tay stopped he asked Tay

"Peng, do you like this New guy?"

Listening to Off's odd question Tay startled for seconds, but he knew his friend how can he tease him for no reason and how he enjoyed it so much.

Tay said, "And why you feel like that?"

"Because in 15 minutes of call you only talked about him." Pointed Off.

Tay suddenly realised that Off is correct he is non stopped talking about New and only New.

"Maybe because he is impressive and smart too" Tay tried to reason.

On the other hand Off was smiling at his friend's stupidity he knew that Tay is not that kind of person who can easily get impressed, and if Tay is praising somebody means he really liked that person.

"Ohh then okay, I thought you are going to break my heart babes. But now I know that he is nothing and you are not cheating on me, so I forgive you my love" said Off while teasing Tay.

"Oyeee, I am not your boyfriend or something. Stop calling me babes and love." Tay started whining. After listening to which Off burst out louder and they both continued with their teasing until Off got another call.