16. First Date or Old Friend?

One fine morning Tay got a call from his mom telling him that she had arranged a date for him.

Tay - "But ma, I don't want to go on any blind date"

Ma - "Tay, ma never asked you anything till now but you have to go on this date see the girl is my friend's daughter and most importantly you are single for quite a few years now. I never asked you the reason but even I want you to settle down"

Tay - "Ma, I am happy and it's not like I don't want to but just give sometimes na. Please "

Ma - "Look Tay it's just one date if you find it ok then continue else it's ok, but you have to go for this date and it's final."

Tay's face drop he replied a bit sadly - "Yes ma"

Ma checked - "Tay you are sounding like I am sending you at the border for war, stop acting like a baby. Its just one date ok"

Tay nodded even though he knew his ma can't see him. When the call is over he threw himself on the bed covering his face with hands and shouted
"Ahhhhhhhh, what should I do now?"

Because of which Off came in who was talking to someone on call

Off - "What?"

Tay looked at him and shook his head.

Off - "I'll give you a call in sometimes. I guess it's on"

Tay looked at him with narrow eyes when Off cut down the call.

Tay moved a bit and sat on the bed,
- "Who was that?"

Off looked here and there a bit and then looked at the phone - "Ohhh, you mean call? Its just Gun"

Tay - "Then what you mean by it's on?

Off - "That... it's just I told him how weird you can be when you go mad"

Tay - "You have a death wish?

Off sat beside him put his hand on Tay's shoulder - "Why are you like this today, woke up at the wrong side or New denied to give you...."

Off stopped talking.... rubbing his head as one smack hit his head hard.

Tay - "Don't you dare"

New who just came in - "Dare what?"
Said looking at how Off is sitting close to Tay.

Off - "Nothing it's just our prince is sulking and I am trying to figure out the reason"

Tay is still looking at the ground trying to figure out how to tell others about his so-called blind date arranged by his ma.

New asked Off to move and sat in between them because of which Off smirked.

New holding Tay's hand and looking at him said - "What happened Tay?"

Tay looked back at New - "Ma called a few minutes back"

Off - "Hey why you didn't give me a call, even I wanted to talk to her."

New rolled his eyes at Off's comments and continued looking back at Tay with concern
- "Is she ok? You are looking worried"

Tay nodded before continuing - "She is fine but she wanted me to do something, which I don't want to do"

New -  "It's must be important for her if she is forcing you to do so"

Off - "Right, by the way, what is it?"

Tay looked back to the floor, he somehow doesn't want to tell New about his blind date thing knowing New, he had already imagined the reaction of others but the way they both are looking at him and waiting for an answer he left with no option.