6. Someone Special

Singto wake up New once he posted the picture in their group with the caption

"His number one girlfriend is back again. Good night to all 🌚 (at 4 PM🤣🤣🤣) "

After freshen up himself New took his phone and saw notification. He opened the post and saw what Singto did, he just looked up at him to which Singto gave innocent look as if he don't know why New is looking at him like that.

But to his surprise New just smiled at him with a smirk on his face, as if he is saying "The game is on".

They both said by to Singto's baby and left him with P'Jane.

The car drive was pretty normal they talked about business meetings and all. When Singto noticed New's mobile getting messages and he is replying them instantly since the time he left home. His curiosity wake up and he looked at New with suspicions eyes.

New noticed his reaction " What?"

Singto said with smirk  "Isn't it supposed to be my question? "

"And why is that so?" New rolled his eyes.

"Your phone, I mean who is it? You are smiling ear to ear while replying to them. Let me check." With that Singto tried to snatched his mobile which New quickly hold back.

"It's nothing important just a regular messages.... Funny messages" said New while hiding his mobile from Singto.

"And may I know the sender name please?" Singto asked this time with little stern voice.

New knew how much he is protective about his loved once so he gave up and handed his mobile to him. "It's just Tay, no need to worry. He is just inviting me to some party. He wanted me to meet his friends. That's all".

Singto gave his mobile back without checking, he knew New won't lie when he is this serious.

Singto - "So, what's the deal between you two?"

New looked confused, he tried to figured out what Singto exactly mean. But he failed to notice the smirk on his face.

New - "What's the deal means? Did he or me forgot to deal with any client?" Asked innocently.

To which Singto shook his head while laughing.
"Why is he so naive sometimes? " he thought.

Singto - "Tell me why is he messaging you? And why he wants you to meet his friends? " this time he asked directly.

New scrached back of his neck for no reason
"Ahhh.... May be because we are friends?" Rather than answering he sounds more like asking.

Singto raise his eyebrow and looked at him
"Is that the answer or question?"

New chuckle nervously "Of course it's the answer"

After hearing New and looking at his nervousness, Singto kept quiet. The rest of the drive fill with some awkward silent. Which probably they both don't want to end.

It's not like Singto hated Tay or something but he just wanted New to be happy with whoever he want. And he had seen New to be at his best when he is with Tay. He just want to make sure that Tay won't hurt him at any cost. He had seen New in his best as well as his worst. He knew how fragile he can became if someone broke his heart. He is being protective but also don't want to interfere in his life that much. His ignorance once caused damaged for which he still feels guilty looking at how lonely New became now, So this time he decided to check everything first.

On the other side New is thinking why Singto always have this suspicious thoughts about Tay. It's not like Tay is hiding something in fact he told New every single details of his life.

He even told New about that special caller, it's none other than his best buddy Off. It's not like he told him on his own it was an accident but he didn't lie to him. It happened when New went to Tay's office to handle him some files. Actually that day they both stayed working at the office for pretty late. And New knew that the caller will call him so he just eneterd the office at that time. Tay was talking to the person on speaker phone when New entered

"I love you too" was the only words he heard from the other side and he immediately said sorry and was about to leave. Tay somehow manage to get on his senses faster than New he asked New to wait.

New stood there at the door while Tay came close to him held his hand and settled him on chair next to him. He then took the phone and switch the voice call to video call. That time New felt angry he didn't know the reason for his anger, but he felt like why Tay want him to wait? Why did he lied to him that he is single? Is Tay all about lie?

In his thoughts he didn't realize that Tay is holding his hand tightly and not only that the other guy on video call looking at them.
When Off started yelling loudly "Oh My God peng, he is so handsome." That time because of noise New came back to Earth.

Off - "Hi there, this is Off, Tay's childhood friend, buddy, partner in crime and so on. I am handsome too. You know something you lost the chance "

Tay and New both looked at each other confused.

Tay - "What chance?"

Off - "To be my boyfriend I just got engaged"

To which Tay laugh "He didn't even know you exist peng"

Off - "So what I know once we'll meet my charm is going to work on him"

New who was silent from the start, started to know that he is just friend and Off was telling Tay how will he propose to his dream guy and what will he say to him. Then he noticed Tay held his hand tightly and he started smiling shyly. After the call Tay apologise for his friends behaviour then he told everything to New about him and Off. Since then New knew that he became special person in Tay's life and vice-versa.

Their train of thoughts interrupted when driver announced they reach at the party venue.

In the car drive thinking about Tay and New Singto totally forgot that he is about to meet Kit when sudden realization hit him he became nervous, he started sweating. New noticed this and asked him to calm down

New - "Common dude, you are behaving as if you are going to meet your girlfriend after year's "

To which he got one smack on his head, he winced and get off the car. Singto took a deep breath for two to three times then he too got off the car. New laughed at his friend who is behaving like school girl.

New hold his hand tightly and gave him encouraging smile, to which Singto smiled too.