7~ Seven year gap!

"Pay attention you scoundrels! Gather around!" Master yelled from the second floor with Gildarts, Mira and Erza standing beside him.

"The S class trials are coming up and I've chosen who will be going. Elfman, Natsu, Lucy, Gray, Juvia, Cana and Mest!" Master pronounced, instantly everyone began to cheer and congratulate each other.

He cleared his throat to regain everyone's attention. "You will each choose a partner to accompany you during the trial, however you may not choose a S-class wizard." The people chosen nodded when understanding.

"Hey Y/N, remember when we went to the S-Class trials?" Sakura sat beside Y/N as she was scarfing down some food.

"Yup, I sure do. Though it feels so long ago." She slightly smiled, remembering the memories that flowed through her mind.

She shifted around, noticing Gray in the corner. "G-Gray put a shirt on already!" She reprimanded, her cheeks reddening in embarrassment to his public strip.

He looked down at his body, a frown forming on his face. "Goddamit!" He shouted, making her giggle a little.

"Yo, Y/N!" Someone yelled her name, running over to her.

"Oh Natsu," Y/N muttered. "Good job on making the trials, I knew you could do it." She smiled sincerely.

"Thanks!" He grinned widely. "By the way, I wanted to know if your an S-class wizard why aren't you joining?" He asked, the curious question irking him ever since.

"Well, since Mira will be taking my place this year I don't need to go. Plus I need to stay back and watch the guild whilst Masters gone." She briefly disclosed, seeming satisfied with the answer Natsu hurriedly went off to go train with Happy.

Y/N playfully nudged Sakura to the side, smiling. "Seems like it's just you, me and Luna now huh?"

Sakura smiled gently. "Yeah, with so many people gone it seems like the guild will be more quiet."

"Not like it's a bad thing." Y/N replied and they both stifled a snicker.

"Lunas okay since she has Y/N." Luna interrupted cheerfully as usual, which Y/N couldn't help but let out another giggle.

~time skip to the first day of trials~

"Y/N I want you and Macao to take care off the guild whilst I'm gone." Master conveyed, along with a list of things he needed done during his time gone.

Soon enough he waved goodbye, along with the others who went to the boat that was heading out to sea, Y/N continued to bid them goodbye until they were no longer in sight.

"Good luck." She whispered to herself, strutting back into the guild.

"Hey Macao, wanna get some work started?" She asked Macao who was across the bar.

"Are you serious? Hell no. I'll start tomorrow." He declined, going to chat with Wakaba. Y/N shrugged unbothered, leaving to go to the office that had heaps of papers that needed filing.

Noticing that she needed a book with the list of guilds, she walked over to the library in hopes she could find it.

As she began intently searching for the book, an hour passing by and frustration soon takes ahold of her as she couldn't find it anywhere.

"Hmm?" She studied around the library, "Maybe it's up here." She desperately stretched out a hand to reach the top of the cabinet, instead a bunch of books came crashing down.

"Ughh," She groaned. "Jeez, this'll be a hassle to put back." She sighed, bending down to put the scattered books back into the shelves.

As she organised the books dissolved across the floor, she noticed a book with the Fairy Tail insignia stamped on the front page, curious to what was inside, she discreetly opened it and saw that it was a photo book.