20~ The Ball

"Y/N, I don't care what you say. You are wearing a dress!"

Y/N heard the words, but she didn't take any note to them, all she could do was sigh dryly to all her friends scolding. It was the day of the ball, a somewhat celebration for Fiore not being completely destroyed and turned to ashes by dragons, and all present there were the entire guilds.

Everyone were either in fancy gowns and suits, but Y/N was still cooped up in one of the castle rooms still wearing her lingerie.

"You can't just go wearing a nice shirt and jeans, that is just ridiculous!"

"Right! Especially with a face like yours, wouldn't you want to wear something beautiful to go with it!"

All of their scolding and encouraging to wear a dress barely even processed in her mind until a few moments later. Y/N just smiled nervously at her friends, by the way they were looking at her was like predator and prey, so she inched backwards vigilantly.

"I don't see the point, it's just a ball."

Sakura put her hands on her hips, glaring down at her. "Y/N, you are going to wear a dress whether you like it or not! So this is what's going to happen, your going to go into that closet, pick a wonderful dress, looking smoking hot and rock it, and your going to like it! Am I clear?!"

The girls looked at her Sakura, mouths dropping and Y/N scratched her head with a grumble. "Argh, fine, but I'll pick the dress, okay."

The girls brightened up, cheering with excitement, and so the ones who were already dressed left them room, giving her space to put on her garments.

Y/N slowly began to slug her way over to the extravagant closet, since in fact they were placed in the castle, the attire there were much more lavish. She tiredly skimmed through the array of dresses, until one peaked her interest and she just decided to go with that one.

The other girls who were waiting for her with the jitters of seeing how she looked, were soon beckoned back into the room by Y/N. "Erm, hey you guys I'm ready, but can you help zip this up for me?"

Once they all walked into the room, they found Y/N with both hands on her back struggling to zip up her dress, and when she turned around to face them, they were captivated.

She was dressed in a shimmering white dress, hugging her ballerina form. It sloped down into a low v cut in the front, hugging her bosom, while the bottom extended out to the pool of her heels. Her sleeves were almost transparent, inlaid with tiny silver droplets. Her iridescent eyes shone in her pale, smooth face, lips painted a rosebud pink. And in her flowing hair sat a small, fragrant lilly.

She turned around, letting go of the dangling zip once seeing there shocked faces, and her face tinted red. "What is it? do I look really silly?"

"Absolutely not!" Sakura came running to her, and quickly zipped her dress.

"You look gorgeous, Y/N!"

"I agree! You look beautiful!"

She begun to be showered with compliments left and right, and her cheeks warmed up in embarrassment. Though, maybe a slight tinge in her heart was glad she decided to wear a dress, she never really got to experience that much girly stuff growing up. The change kinda felt nice.

"I know who else would think your gorgeous," Sakura cooing voice made Y/N her cheeks furiously break out in a blush, once understanding what she meant, and the agreeing snickers of the other girls didn't help soothe her nerves either.

"Y'know, you might have been younger but you and Laxus really do suit each other. I wouldn't be able to imagine him with someone else other than you." Mira soft voice chirped.