Chapter 17

Author's Note:
Hi all! I used almost my complete one shot, First Date, from my one shot book, so that's why this chapter might seem quite familiar to some of you. If not, just enjoy! Love you all!

Richelle's Perspective:

Noah and I walked into the locker room, and noticed he was smiling wide for some odd reason.

"Noah, you okay? What's up?"

He hesitated for a couple seconds, which was weird because he hardly ever got nervous. "Richelle, would you like to go out with me tonight? Like, on a date?"

I was stunned at first, but then said, "Alright. When?"

"It's a surprise, but I'll pick you up at 7:00." Then he left.

I turned around and put my things in my locker, getting ready to leave and smiling to myself, when I heard a rustle, meaning that someone else entered the room.

"Hey, Richelle." Lola said. "What was that about? You look really happy."

I looked her up and down, then decided that she was probably just asking out if curiosity, not out of anything bad. She seemed like a nice person, so I told her the truth. "Noah, well, he asked me out."

"On a date?!" She got so excited.

"Yeah. We've been dating for a couple of days." I answer.

Lola smiled warmly at me. "It'll be good for you to let loose, you don't seem to do that very often." she said jokingly.

I chuckled at that. "No, I don't." I realized that I was done packing up, so I turned to her and said, "It was nice talking to you. We should do it more often."

"I'd like that."

——————

(Time skip to Richelle's house)

I got dressed in a black, velvet dress. The bodice was skin-tight and showed off what little chest I had, and the skirt flowed softly down my legs, reaching just above my knee. My hair got annoying when I curled it, so I pinned the soft waves back with silver clips. I put on subtle makeup, just enough to make my facial features stand out, but not enough to hide too much of myself. I wanted to be authentic tonight, my real self. Someone only Noah had ever seen, and only Noah would ever see.

There was a knock at the door, and I went down the stairs, a hop in my step. I opened the door to see Noah standing there in shock. It almost looked like awe.

"Noah? You okay?"

"Yeah, it's just that you look...wow."

I felt a small blush tickle my cheek, then said, "You don't look so bad yourself. Very handsome."

It was true. He'd really outdone himself. His hair was gelled back to perfection, and his navy-blue suit looked very dapper. My favorite part of his outfit was the white sneakers peaking out from his pant legs. Still Noah.

He grinned back, and looked around. I knew the same question as always was coming. "Where are your parents?"

I quickly responded with, "work." The response was always the same, I didn't know why he bothered asking anymore.

"That's the same answer you always give." he commented.

"It's always the same situation." I mumbled. "They're always at... work."

"Well...we should go," he said, after a moment to break the silence.

"Yeah." I said. I took the arm he held out to me, getting in the car.

——————

Noah's Perspective:

She put her seatbelt on, smirking to herself slightly.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked.

"Wouldn't you like to know," she said sassily.

"I would actually," I replied.

"You." As soon as she said that, my heart skipped a beat. I needed to keep it cool tonight, but she was making it so hard. She was just so amazing.

I asked her on this date after years of planning and preparing for it. I couldn't even believe she said yes, but she did, with the same enthusiasm that I had when I asked her. I never would have dreamed that she would like someone like me—well, I dreamed it, but it was never real. And now it was. And I couldn't be more happy.

When we get nearer to the restaurant, I heard her gasp. "You're taking me here? To my favorite restaurant on earth? How did you even know about it?" She asked, extremely surprised.

I knew she loved this restaurant, it's why I picked it. I wanted our first date to be somewhere that she really enjoyed, so that it would add another happy memory to the restaurant. This was going to be perfect.

I got out of the car first, and once again opened her door for her. "Wow, Noah. I'm so exited for this. You really went all out."

"Of course, I did. It's you." I answered, turning towards her.

——————

Richelle's Perspective

I couldn't believe Noah did all of this for me. I never even expected him to ask me out, but he planned an entire date for me, just because he cared.

"Of course, I did. It's you." He said, and I felt my heat melt.

"Oh, Noah," I said. "You really didn't have to."

"Here," he said, taking my arm. "Let's go in, shall we?"

"Yes," I whispered. "Let's."

First, we went to the desk, and apparently Noah'd already reserved a table. The waiter led us to a quiet booth right at the back of the restaurant, away from everybody else, so it would be just us. Me and Noah. I thought that this would never happen, but it was.

"I hope this is okay," he said, unsure of my opinion.

"Yes. It's amazing."

"Good, I'm glad."

We sat on opposite sides of the booth. A waiter soon arrives, and we ordered our appetizers—bread sticks and spinach dip to share between us.

The waiter left, and Noah asked me a question. "So, are you happy, Richelle?"

"More than happy, Noah." I said with a huge smile. "I just can't believe that you would do all of this for me, I mean, I didn't do anything for you, I never even made it known that I like you, but you've set this all up for me—"

I was cut off when he leans across the table and kissed me. It was amazing. Even better than all the kisses we've shared before.

He pulled away after a couple seconds. "How was that for our third kiss?"

I could barely talk. I was speechless. "It was," I whispered, "the best."

"Richelle? Can I tell you something?" He asked, his heart speeding up a little bit.

"Yes," I said.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Noah." I said. Nothing that I've said has ever felt more true than those words. I love Noah, so much.

He interrupted my thoughts by kissing me once again, and it was even better than the last time. How was that possible? Then he moved over to my side of the table and sat beside me. I laid my head on his shoulder, and thought,  'nothing could ever be better than this.'