Kabanata 3

Kabanata 3

Game

Bumaba ako sa sasakyan at nakita si Victoria sa labas ng gym. Lydia's smile vanished when she saw me. Her eyes narrowed, and she looked me up and down. I could see the jealousy flicker in her eyes, a mix of resentment and envy that made her jaw tighten. It was as if she were silently measuring herself against me, her lips pressed into a thin line. The once friendly sparkle in her eyes had been replaced by a cold, green glint of bitterness.

I was wearing a classic cream white wool tweed jacket with a silk spaghetti strap top, paired with a matching cream white skirt suit and white stilettos. It was Wednesday, wash day, and fortunately, with the school fest today, there were no classes for the whole afternoon.

Nilingon ako ng lahat at nawala ang ngiti sa kanilang labi. I went to their place and didn't mind the bad attitude they were giving me.

"Morning," I said.

Victoria smiled a little. "Morning, Galina. You look beautiful today."

"Thank you," I replied with a sweet smile. Tara na?"

Tumango sila lahat at nag si sakay sa kanilang sasakyan. I went back to our SUV.

"Follow those cars," I said to my driver.

The group decided to go shopping today, planning to explore various stores and enjoy some time together. We'll be back at school by three, just in time for Enzo's game. Everyone was looking forward to cheering him on and supporting the team.

I scanned through the bags. I've been collecting them since junior high school; it's my way of relieving stress from school. Today, I have a hundred and fifty bags and still counting.

Huminto ako sa particular na bag. Hinarap ko ang attendant.

"Yes ma'am?"

"I'll have this one..."

Tumango siya at kinuha ang bag bago nawala sa aking paningin. Umopo ako sa couch ng store at tinignan sila Victoria pumipili ng sandals. I turned to Alex and Lyssa. Alex was saying something to Lyssa that made her laugh. I unconsciously laughed with them too.

"Ma'am, your bag is ready."

Nilingon ko ang lalaking attendant. Tumayo ako at sumunod sa kanya. Habang inaasikaso ang payment ko narinig ko silang nag-uusap kung saan nila gustong kumain.

"Let's go Kyo-to?" Saad ni Lydia.

"Sure...I'm craving for Japanese food. " Ani ni Victoria.

"Ikaw, Galina your up for Kyo-to?" Tanong ni Lyssa.

Tumango ako. "Hmm...sure."

Tahimik akong umopo sa tabi ni After I finally settled my payment, I sat down next to Alex. Once Victoria had finished settling her payment as well, we made our way to Kyo-to. We found a cozy spot and sat down, discussing our orders and deciding what to try from the menu.

"Actually, I met a guy in France," Lydia said. "We kind of did something..."humagikgik siya.

Victoria laughed. "How big is he?" said maliciously

"Very big."

Palihim akong ngumuwi. They all laughed.

Our order was served. Kinuha ko ang chop sticks at nag simula nang kumain habang nakikinig sa kwento nila.

"My mom wants me to study college abroad..." Lyssa

"Really? Saang school?" Alex.

"I don't know maybe Harvard, Jones... Haven't pick one yet."