Kabanata 25

Kabanata 22

Graduation

Now I believe the saying, when you're in your happiest, time runs fast. This past few weeks I've been waking up with a light feeling in my heart. I smiled when I saw Enzo leaning on his car with a bouquet of baby breath in his hand. When his eyes meet mine he stood up straight.

I smiled and smell the flowers. my heart starts to beat happily.

"I told you, you don't have to drive me...you'll be late!"

"It"s okay! If the reason is you, then, it's fine..."

he opened the door of his passenger seat. I slide in he closed the door lightly before jogging to the driver's side.

It's been weeks since Enzo was done with his ojt and actually graduating today.

We were in a hurry when we step out of the car and run towards the hall. He's five minutes late. i immediately get the paper bag in his hand. Sinuot ko sa kanya ang graduation gown habang nasa gilid kami ng pinto. I fix his necktie and pushed aside some strand of his hair and the sweats on his forehead. My hands where shaking dahil sa pagmamadali.

He smiled and hold my hand. Binaba niya ito at hinaplos gamit ang isang kamay.

"You're shaking..." he stated.

"You're late..."

he chuckled and pulled me closer to him. He buried his nose on my cheek.

I watched him went up the stage. He look at me when he received his awards and medals. I smiled at him, I giggled when he winked at me. Drisella beside me clapped and cheered loud for his older brother. Ng matapos ang speech ng valedictorian nila ay agad niya akong dinaluhan. He hug me and spin me around. I giggled and hug him tight.

"Congrats, playboy...graduate kana!" bulong ko.

Binaba niya ako. Inayos ko ang kanyang toga.

"One-woman man na ako ngayon, Gal...certified good boy to!"

Pabiro ko itong inirapan.

His father hug him and so as his step mom. Thorn congratulate him and did a brotherly hug. Drisella was being a drama, she exaggeratedly wipe her invisible tears.

"I'm so proud of you, Kuya... Finally!"

Umirap si Enzo at ginulo ang buhok ng kapatid. She groaned at hinawi ang kamay ng kapatid.

Enzo's hand went to my mine filling the gap between.

"Kuya, Kukuhanan ko kayo ng litrato!" Saad ni Hannah.

Tumango si Enzo at nilagay ang kamay niya sa aking bewang at hinila ako palapit sa kanya. I smiled at the camera when Hannah started counting. Marami pang nag pa picture sa kanya. He was all smile at them. He would steal glances at me whenever a girl would ask for a picture. Like his asking for permission. Tinataasan ko lang ito ng kilay at tumatango na kalaunan.

"Let's go home. Nag aantay na ang mga bisita." Ani ni Tito Lorenzo

Sabay kaming nag tungo sa parking lot. When we settled inside his car. I handed him my gift. Nakangising niya akong nilingon. Kinuha ang aking regalo at binuksan ito.

"The watch I gave you is a bit old... So I thought of buying you another one... It still has your initials..."

"Put it on me, please."

Tango ako. Pinagmasdan niya ito ng matapos ko nang ilagay sa kanyang pulso.

He waved his old watch at me