Davis and The Night of Horror - Like something the Cat Dragged In

Davis was an accountant in the same firm where Holland used to work. He was an assiduous, arduous man who had the habit of putting tremendous effort into finishing his work before leaving the office. There wasn't any day when he left the office with the pending work.

It was the night of 31st March, the fiscal year-end, and Davis was busy closing the company's accounts. He was so late that night after working for prolonged hours in the office that he couldn't get any free time for relaxation and all of his energy started depleting. He was exhausted, drained, sleepy, and he just wanted to return to his house and take some sleep.

He was a quiet drinker, so he planned to stop at the liquor shop to buy drinks. Although he had a habit of carrying liquor with him whenever he went out, he forgot to bring it this time. He stopped at the liquor shop near his house to buy some drinks. In the car, he opened his car's drawer to locate a few bucks for the drinks. Subsequently, after searching for a while, he noticed the remarkably unique ring he found at Holland's house. He admired it for a second, then he put it on his middle finger and went inside the shop to buy some alcohol.

He observed unusually many weird things that were baffling to him on his way back, but he didn't pay any heed to those outlandish things and went straightaway to his house. He was so drained due to his prolonged working hours.