There will always be a day after today

"A few years ago, I worked in a mill located at the end of this road with my friend, Mark. Mark was a very hard-working boy and my closes friend. The journey was long and wearying. We decided to drive in a routine; therefore, I went first, and Mark went for a short sleep until midnight.

It was the middle of the night and time for Mark to turn to drive the car.

The road passes through the dense jungle filled with the old banyan tree whose branches, areal and grounded roots covering the whole area, making a spooky environment.

Halfway into the jungle, my car started making cranking noises that giving the early indication of the car going to break down. But I didn't stop as we were in the middle of the dense frightful jungle. So, I accelerated my car's speed to pass the eerie jungle as fast as possible. Suddenly, I pressed the hard break to stop the car immediately as I saw something on the road, but I wasn't sure what it is? It was too dark to recognize it properly. I saw a human figure lying on the ground in the middle of the road, wrapping in the thin white cloth.

The temperature was down, around minus 2 degrees or something. No human could sleep on the road at such a low temperature. I sensed a foreboding, but anyhow out of curiosity, I went out of the car to check it. Astonishingly, the figure disappeared from the road. I examined the area extensively but found nothing but a deserted road. I finally concluded that maybe I was hallucinating. I got back in the car, inserted the key into the ignition, and twisted it to start the car after putting the gear on neutral, but the car hadn't started.

I shook the steering wheel back and forth to allow the key to turning if a steering lock prevented the car from starting, but nothing happened. The car had still not started.

I had checked everything, an engine overheating issues, battery, broken or cracked distributor cap, bad ignition coil, clogged fuel filter, even for the brake failures and wheels bearing problems, but the car wouldn't start at all.

Pessimistically, I sat down near the tyre for a few minutes to take some rest. I was frustrated, tired and exhausted because of the car. Then, I saw my gears scattered on the ground. I put all those tools back in the gearbox and went backside of the car. I shut the trunk after putting them back.

After finishing the work, I turned around and screamed in such a deafening sound that shattered my own ears. I froze and was dismayed entirely; I went completely blank for a few minutes. My mind, my heart, even the other parts of the body, had stopped responding. I just stood there in fear like a loser.

I saw the terrible, disgusting, frightening face of the woman who was standing behind me, waiting for me to turn around. She was staring at me with her uncanny weird, dreadful eyes, which were not blinking at all.

The horrible face of her still haunts me in the night in my dream. I won't forget her face, not until my death.

The scream of me had woken up Mark, and he rushed towards me. I was still standing there, numbed, frozen. Mark tried hard to wake me up, but I wasn't feeling anything. I stood there, unconsciously until Mark slapped me on my face. When I became conscious again, Mark inquired about the scream, but I didn't reveal anything to him. As I didn't want him to get scared like me or on the other hand, he wouldn't believe me. The road was empty again; she was gone like a wind.

Mark gave me a water bottle to drink. Moreover, we sat down inside the car for a couple of minutes. When I got some of my nerves back, I informed Mark about the car trouble. He was a more experienced mechanic than me, so he said, 'Don't worry, I will take a look.' He got busy in repairing the vehicle.