Witching Hour

The golden ring in Andy's hand was glowing brightly in the darkness. The cold breeze of the wind howling from the open window. Jamie snored in a thunderous sound in a quiet, dark room that disturbed Andy's sleep.

Andy heard a sudden knock on the door when he searched for something to stop his brother snoring so he could sleep for a few hours peacefully. The intensity of the knocking sound on the door had increased with every breath as someone was trying to break in vigorously. The wooden door was starting to open by making a creepy sound.

Jamie, who was sleeping beside Andy, had woken up, but it was too late as someone had already broken down the door's lock. The old lady was already in the room. She was sitting on top of the closet, looking at both of them with her eerie weird eyes. She didn't kill them and left the house empty-handed.

They both got numbed and couldn't move an inch. The prolonged silence had captured the room, and all the noises had gone. They were scouring the room but found nothing except for the emptiness of the room.

Both of them got any sleep after that incident the whole night. They were just waiting for the sunrise all night to get some courage to sleep again.

The next morning, they thought of confronting the last night incident to their daddy, but they didn't as their daddy was out of town. Jamie and Andy were so nervous and frightened, but still, they were in a dilemma that last night whatever happened was real, or they were dreaming about it. The thing they saw last night could not be just a dream as they both experienced it.

Jamie wasn't superstitious, but what he saw last night was not the first time in his life. He had experienced it before when he was a child. Andy lived at his mother's house before her death. She died because of complications while delivering her last child Andy.

All-day they were thinking about the night and what they saw last night. They were in shock and afraid, and they didn't want to face that night again.