Night Owl

The dinner table is vacant now as they had finished dinner. The golden ring from the backyard was lying on the table as Holland missed it there when he was eating dinner.

Andy was the last one to leave the table. He found the golden ring, put it in his back pocket, and went directly to his room.

Andy was astonished by the ring's look and wondered about the carving engraved on it. He wore it on his middle finger and fell asleep. He slept early that night, which was odd as he never sleeps before midnight, even though he was just ten years old.

After taking dinner, Holland sat on the sofa in the main hall near the TV and waiting for Miss Benedict. He started watching TV to pass the time. When he was shifting the channels on TV, he heard a doorbell.

"This must be Miss Benedict," he left the sofa and went to the door to open it.

As anticipated by him, it was Miss Benedict. She was an old age woman in her early 60s. She had been doing the babysitting for a very long time. She was a punctual lady and had a habit of arriving on time. Holland welcomed her inside the house.

After leaving his kids in Miss Benedict's hands, he left the house to solve an unsolved murder mystery.