The Friend and his Aunt

Exhausted, he reached home and opened the door with the only key in his pocket, which he accidentally dropped earlier and got into great trouble finding it. His hands were shaking when he was trying to open the door because of the excessive drinks he took earlier and tiredness.

As usual, He was planning to go to his room directly to take some sleep. He hadn't eaten anything since the morning, but he wasn't in a mood to stop for the food. He was tired, and sleep was the most important thing for him.

When he entered the hallway, he noticed whispering coming from the dining room. He went straight to the dining room and found out that a woman and a man were taking dinner at the dinner table.

He was astonished that who are those people and why they are in his house?

When he went close to them, he recognized them with a great effort as he couldn't even stand properly, and his mind wasn't working in a full capacity. They were his friend Mathew and his Aunt Martha sitting at the dining table and eating dinner. Davis was too tired to think about anything at that time so, he greeted Mathew and his aunt Martha and asked them about their lives. After a few short conversations, he left the dinner table by saying goodnight to everyone and went directly to his room.