The Room, Light and the Whispering

He ignored to switch off the lights in the room before the bed as he was deadly tired. This was his habit to always turn off the lights before going to bed because he cannot sleep while the lights are on. Anyhow, he forgot to turn them off and went directly to his bed and fell asleep in a couple of minutes.

In the middle of the night, around 2 o'clock, everything was quiet, silent and peaceful in the room, and the room was awfully dark like the forest in the moonless night. In a peaceful environment, Davis heard a whispering sound across the hall, which indeliberately broke his sleep. He thought that maybe his friend and his aunt were still talking to each other.

He was thirsty and wanted to drink something; even liquor would help him reduce his thirst, but he didn't want to go anywhere by leaving his bed even though his throat was withered without the water. Finally, he decided to leave his beloved bed to drink some water and went outside his room. He was in the kitchen when he heard an unnerving creaking noise coming from his house's front door, but Davis ignored it as he did not want to interrupt his sleep anymore. After finishing the drink, he returned to his room and fell asleep again by putting his face on the light white pillow. He had seen a wonderful dream before all the disturbance happened due to his hallucination or imagination.

This time the whispering voices which were coming from the outside of his house are getting stronger. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door; he rushed to the door to open it as the knocking's sound was thunderous and so loud that he assumed it was an emergency call, and maybe someone is in need. So he rushed toward the door to open it but found nothing after scouring for a while. The darkness and emptiness prevailed everywhere.

He examined the hall, kitchen and other rooms, but the result was the same, no one was there. He started to believe that he was hallucinating, so he returned to his place, shut the door, and fell asleep again by ignoring all the weird things.