The Monster

Quick authors note: this chapter will contain many feels. Just a warning.

"Brother? Why are you so tense? What is the matter?" Thor asked Loki as they continued to walk down the rainbow bridge.

Loki shook his head. Thor gave him a persistent look. Loki stared at his feet. "Well, if you aren't going to talk, I am have been trying to persuade Father to relieve you of your punishment. I am apologize Loki. It should have been me who took the blame."

"Stop. Stop right now." Loki said choking up. They stopped walking. Thor looked over at Loki.

"Loki...?" Thor looked truly concerned.

"I'm sorry." Loki said his eyes watering. The tears spilled over his eyelids and ran down his face. "I'm sorry."

Thor grabbed Loki and looked him straight in the eyes. "What is it? Tell me, brother so I may help you."

Loki let out a whimper. "If I tell you, you are going to hate me."

"Loki, please." Thor begged.

"I did it." Loki said weakly. "Its my fault, all of it. I did it."

Thor stared at Loki. "Loki...? Did what, what did you do?"

Loki had tears running down his face, though he didn't make a sound. You knew he thought he deserved all the pain he was feeling. "I-i brought the Frost Giants to Asgard."

Loki close his eyes and got ready for the  swing of Thor's hammer, his angry yells, the feeling of hatred.

Instead, Thor stepped back with a look of pure sadness in his eyes. Somehow, that hurt Loki even more. "Brother, why? Have I done something to insult you?"

"No Thor. Its just...I can't." Loki said.

Thor suddenly turned rough and pushed Loki up against the edge of the walkway. "There is a reason Loki, and I want to know what it is. Now."

Loki's eyes widened and he tried to struggle his way out. Thor tightened his grasp on Loki's shoulders. "LOKI, TELL ME RIGHT NOW!" He bellowed into Loki's face. Loki's ears turned red and he angrily yelled,

"BECAUSE YOU WOULD HAVE GOTTEN YOURSELF AND OTHERS KILLED!" He shoved out of Thor's hands. "I love you Thor, but you aren't ready for the throne. You have a brain the size of a defective walnut, and thats being generous. Everyone can think you are brilliant and would be a great king, but that's only because they are blinded by your gold hair and big muscles. Let me tell you, I would bet my magic that the first thing you would have done as king would be to go destroy some monster that you couldn't take. And why would you do that? Because you got a big head from the fact that everyone on Asgard must kneel toyou. Well, newflash but, THAT MONSTER DOESN'T! AND YOU, AND EVERYONE ELSE YOU HAVE WITH YOU, WILL GET KILLED!"

Thor's eyes turned steel cold. "That is not true. I would never endanger the lives of innocent people like that."

"Really? Because you dragged me, Sif, Fandral, Volstagg, and Hogun out to Jotunheim and that endangered us pretty badly."

"Well you aren't innocent, are you? And I think I know what this is really about. You are jealous. Jealous of the fact that I am so much better than you at nearly everything we do. Jealous of the fact that everyone prefers my company overs yours. Jealous of the fact that no matter how hard you try, Father will never look at you the way he sees me. JEALOUS OF THE FACT THAT HE CHOSE ME AS KING AND NOT YOU!" Thor said bitterly and angrily. His voice was full of rage. "And don't you go about saying that you love me. If you truly loved me, you would have been happy for me, not envious."