I Volunteer

You were sobbing. Frigga was sobbing. Every eye had at least a few tears in them. The two princes of Asgard had gone into the most dangerous of the nine realms, with a small possibility of ever returning.

"This." You start, rising up and facing Odin. "This. Is. All. Your. Fault."

Odin groaned. "Not again. For Asgard's sake, let it go!"

"I think that maybe she is right!" Frigga yelled. "Could you not just swallow your pride for one moment, and spare both of our children?! You knew you could trust Loki. You knew."

"Frigga." Odin pleaded.

"You knew." She said relentlessly.

Laufey was leaned against the far wall. His eyes were closed. Odin turned on him. "Why are you sad? You barely knew the boy!"

"He was wrenched from me. My own son was taken in infancy as part of a peace treaty, long ago. He is my offspring. I still love him as a son." Laufey said.

"Why did you take Loki? I mean, its not like you offered him a kind loving new father. To be honest, I think Laufey would have raised him better." You ask.

"I needed him as an offering. Say the peace treaty broke. I would use Loki as a way to keep the peace." Odin said.

"Er, the peace treaty kinda broke..." You mutter.

"Well I imagined it under different circumstances." Odin grumbled.

Laufey snorted. "What did you imagine?"

"Well for starters I always expected Loki to be the one to start an interplanetary war." Odin said. Laufey rolled his eyes.

Sif was wiping her eyes dry. "Can't you use dark magic to bring them back?"

Odin shook his head. "The only way that would work is if someone volunteers to go in their place."

Your eyes light up. "I will."

The room got quiet again except for Frigga's muffled sobs. Laufey said, "You would really do that? You love Loki so much that you would give your life for him?"

You nod. Odin opened his mouth. "You've only known him for a few weeks! Not even two months!"

"Well he's worth it!" You snap.

You sigh and close your eyes, thinking about this decision. Loki had been a part of your life for a short period of time. You had your entire life to live. Was it really the right choice?

And then you realize. You had been in this magical,mythological, fantasy world filled with gods and giants and things normal people would say never existed. If Loki died, you would have to go back to the normal, boring world. And you cannot bare the normal world, not after witnessing this wonderful place.

You open your eyes and raise your right hand with three fingers up. "I volunteer."

Sif did a face palm. "Did you really just make a hunger games reference? At a time like this?"

"You know about the hunger games?" You blush.

"Loki made me read it. He is a bibliomaniac." Sif muttered.

Odin stood. He took your hand and started leading you to the Bifrost. The others followed behind. Heimdall stood at the entrance. He said in his deep voice, "Are you sure you wish to do this? I cannot open reopen the gate for you if there are dangers posing to Asgard."

You think for a moment. Once this was done, there would be no going back. It would be too dangerous for Heimdall to open the gates again, as the fire would be a threat for Asgard. The only way out of Muspelheim would be finding that portal.

"Yes." You say to the gatekeeper. Heimdall nods and gets to the staff thingy to activate the Bifrost. Odin prepares to bring the brothers back. Heimdall turns on the Bifrost and you feel a sudden rush of air as you are transported to Muspelheim.

Immediately, hot air strikes you, making you burst into sweat. You cough, finding yourself in the middle of a cloud of smoke. There is lava running by your feet, just barely missing the side of your sneakers. Suddenly, a desperate cry rings out.

"Thor?!?" You turn to see Loki sobbing, rushing around trying to find his brother. But Odin was supposed to take him and Thor back to Asgard. Then it hits you. You were only one person, so Odin could only take back one of the brothers. And of course he would choose Thor.

You run over to him. "Loki!"

Loki looks up, surprise in his face as he gets tackle hugged by you. Loki opens his mouth to speak but is silenced as you kiss him. You look him in the eyes, determination in your voice. "Now let's get to that portal."

------------------------------------
Authors note: I am so sorry, I haven't been updating as much as I would like. I was reading this really good fanfic and then there was a sequel soooo sorry. I was also working on my other story and I have was studying for stuff. Forgive me if I am a bit slow in the chapter making.