Chapter 1: My Secret

When I told you my life wasn't normal.

I wasn't kidding. 

I swung the top of my foot at a man's head.  He fell back.  

Someone grabbed me from behind, and I whipped around to face them.  Cold, angry eyes stared back at me.  I grabbed the hand he had on mine and twisted it to the left and toward him.  He screamed and crumpled to the ground.  I gracefully jumped over him and landed on another man attempting to swing a sword at me.  I had it away from him in seconds, and I pointed it to his neck.  

"Surrender," I seethed. 

The man gritted his teeth but still said, "I surrender." with his hands up.  

Suddenly I heard someone silently coming up behind me.  I quickly turned around on one leg and side kicked the man in the solar plexus.  He went down.  

The man who had "surrendered" rose and charged toward me.  I quickly whipped around, throwing star in hand.  I threw it, catching his hair and nailing him to a tree.  He tried to pull free but it was too painful.  He finally gave up.  I couldn't help a small eye roll. 

Another job well done for Crossbow.  

I stomped out of the clearing in the forest and slipped past the guards that had just arrived. 

I ran all the way back home, carefully glancing behind me to see if anyone was following me.

I was safe.

No one knew it had been me who had caught those thieves.

I just hoped it would stay that way.

I swung the door to my step-mother's cottage and yelled, "I'M HOME!"

There was no answer.  

Not that I expected one.  My step mother never cared about anything to do with me.  Not even the fact that my stomach growled.  

I looked around, found some bread, and sat at the table with it.  I grabbed my favorite adventure book:

Tales of the Unbeatables.

I smiled as I read the stories about the fighting legends.  They were so amazing.  I couldn't imagine myself becoming half what they were.  Still, I looked up to them.  

Even though they weren't really there, I sometimes talked to them.  

Planned catching the bad guys with them.  

Pretended to hug them...

It was silly, I know, but I hadn't had a hug since my father had gone missing three years ago.  I had turned my anger towards training and putting thieves like the ones who had taken away my father where they belonged. 

I put down the book I had stopped reading to think and turned and looked at the paper I saw laying on the chair next to me.  It had a drawing of the goons trapped right where I had left them.  The top of the page read:

Mysterious Miracle.

Who is responsible for taking down these men?

I couldn't help smiling.  Seeing them confused by this "miracle" made me laugh inside.  If they just knew that it was just a fourteen-year old girl who was behind it...

No.

They could never find out.

No one could ever find out.

I quickly put down the paper.

 Suddenly my mind drifted to school, which was starting the next day.  I couldn't hold back the groan from leaving my lips.

It wasn't that I hated school.

I just preferred running around chasing crime.

I told you. 

I'm not a normal girl.

A/N: Alright, I'm not going to do many of these because I know A/Ns are kinda boring (if you don't know what A/Ns are, they are Author's Note. {because I didn't know until I started reading on Wattpad}) But I just wanted to talk for a minute.  So, this isn't my first book.  I've actually finished another book (not published on Wattpad) that I'm going to put on amazon. It's finished but not published yet. I'll let you know when it is though! Thank you for reading my book and this boring note! Ciao!

-SiSi

P:S I don't really think anyone's going to read this book, but in case you do...THANK YOU SO MUCH. It means the world.

Like, the world.

Thank you for reading.