Chapter 14: To My Death

Somehow I could sense it was almost time.  I don't know how, but I could.  

The door to the basement burst open and a man with a black cloth pulled over his face stomped in.

"Time to go," the man said in a gruff voice.  

He blind-folded me and picked me up.  

When he set me down again, I was in a cold room.  Someone removed me from the metal chair and laid me on the ground.  Before I could try to escape, pain shot through my arm and I felt weaker than I ever had.  I collapsed but no one caught me.  The stone floor contacted with my head and created unbelievable pain.  

Someone picked me up by one arm, and I felt like it would pop out of its socket.  Then something was thrown over me, and my hands were tied behind my back.

I was forced to walk forward, barely keeping myself from tripping.  I felt grass under my bare feet right before I was thrown forward.  I hit something hard on the way down.  I was left there for what felt like hours but was probably only a few minutes.

Suddenly a voice boomed through the forest. "King Henry. Queen Mary. I hope you are quite comfortable."

Someone removed my blindfold, but I still couldn't see very well through the thick black cloak covering most of my head.  Still, I could see the king and queen tied to chairs in the middle of the clearing.  I gasped.  

The Jackal had kidnapped the king and queen!?

"We have finally captured your beloved Crossbow. Once we kill her, all your hope will be lost." 

I saw the king and queen's eyes go wide.  Their look said: WHAT? Crossbow's a SHE? A girl can defeat all these thieves? 

OUR WHOLE LIVES WERE A LIE.

If I wasn't about to die, I might have giggled.

Then.

They removed the hood.