Chapter 33: The Ball

A/N Okay, I know this isn't a coronation, but I really liked the song melody, so I decided to put it so you could listen to it! If you haven't read or watched The Chronicles of Narnia, you are totally missing out! It is a great series!

Just imagine: 0:31 Lily descending the stairs...

Fun fact about me: I'm learning The Chronicles of Narnia Medley! If you don't know what Medley is, it's just a mash up of different melodies. This melody is one of them in the mashup!

Oh, and, I meant on the piano 😉

SiSi out.

Everyone seemed to freeze when I entered the ball room.  I felt all eyes go to me.  

I forced my feet to keep walking forward, instead of running back through the door.  I saw James slowly turn toward me.  His eyes went wide and his face lit up brighter than the diamonds on my dress.  

And his smile was bigger than the world.

I felt my cheeks warm as I smiled back.  

I descended the stairs carefully.  When I reached the bottom, James was waiting with his arm extended.

"M'lady," he said.  

I curtsied. "Prince James." I excepted his arm, and he led me into the dance floor.

He released me, grabbed my hand, and kissed it gently.  He held it up as he asked, "May I have this dance?"

It took me a moment to register what he had just asked me. "In front of all these people?" I questioned quietly.

"Just pretend they aren't there."

"But I don't even know how to dance!"

"Just follow me," he replied.

He slipped his hand onto my waist and grabbed my hand with the other.

He pulled me forward as he stepped back.  Then he led me around the room, gliding and twirling.  I thought for sure I would trip and fall on my face, but I never did.  It was like we were floating, flying just over the clouds.

But I was pretty sure James was holding me up.

And then it was just me and him.  No one else existed anymore.

He stared into my dull green eyes, and I stared into his golden ones.  

I found the rhythm of the dance and found myself feeling natural in the moves.  James twirled me around, but then quickly brought me back toward him.  I never wanted this moment to end.

Suddenly I heard a loud noise and some grunts from outside.

Then the sound of metal on metal.

My heart dropped into my stomach.

The doors swung open and confirmed my fear.

The Jackal had come.

A/N Sorry for the short chapter! I'm going to start working on the next one soon! I hope you enjoyed and don't forget to comment! 

---->

Ciao,

SiSi