Chapter 5:

Alessia was surprised to find it was light outside when she woke up, apparently she had slept through the night without a single nightmare, a rarity that hadn't happened in ages. Even though she couldn't really remember much of her year in captivity she knew she hadn't had a good nights sleep in a long time. She looked at Riven who was still sleeping and carefully got up and out of bed, she didn't want to leave but also didn't want anyone to find out she had spend the night with him, especially not her uncle or Sky who would probably return soon to change before heading to training. She thought about leaving a note but decided against it, not wanting someone else to read it by mistake, he had given her his number the day before so she'd sent him a message once she was in her room. 

She quickly and quietly left the room and walked to hers, getting changed into her training gear before walking towards her uncle's room. She had expected to see her uncle still asleep but was surprised to see him getting up, supporting himself as he walked. He was still pale but looked a bit better than the night before "what are you doing?" She asked as she closed the door, crossing her arms "getting ready for training, what does it look like?" Her uncle answered trying to give the girl a reassuring smile "can't you even take one day off? You were attacked last night for god's sake, there's other people who can look after training you know." She said "I have to keep going, I need to help you and keep and eye on Sky's progress." He said trying to put on a jacket without groaning out in pain "oh my god, the world, Alfea, can survive for a day without you. Please at least for the morning and I want Professor Harvey to look you over again." She begged while she walked further into the room and put a hand on his shoulder to make him stop and look at her "you terrified me last night, I though I was going to lose you. Please just take it easy until they kill the burned one." 

She looked into his eyes and knew she had convinced him to take it easier, at least for the morning but she knew she wouldn't be able to convince him again. He was stubborn, like her, so she really couldn't blame him but that didn't stop the worry that coursed through her veins. Saul sighed as he sat back down on his bed secretly glad for his niece as she was really the only person who could convince him to take it easy. 

They had always been that way, even when she was younger and didn't fully understand what his job was, even then she always seemed to know when he needed her or when he needed an excuse to take a break. "I'll get us some breakfast while you rest okay? And then I will go and find Professor Harvey so he can treat your wounds again with whatever it is you need." Alessia said, keeping busy so she could hide her pain and worries for her uncle. He may insist he will be fine together with Dowling but she wasn't going to believe it until she saw it.

Alessia's mind was elsewhere as she walked to the canteen to get some breakfast, so much so that she didn't see Riven until she had already walked into him, he caught her just in time to prevent her from falling on her ass. "Alessia, you left in such a hurry this morning, I though I had scared you off." He said, looking at the girl to try and gauge her reaction "I know, I'm sorry I didn't want Sky to come in and see us, not that I'm ashamed of last night but he would have told my uncle and he doesn't need anything more to worry about right now." She explained, tripping over her own words in her haste to explain. "I get it Al, no need to explain I'm the last person who wants to get a lecture from your uncle, besides I got your text." Riven said smiling reassuringly at the girl "thank you, I'm sorry I got to go." Alessia said not even reacting to the new nickname, Riven looked at the girl and shook his head sadly, it was so obvious to him that the girl was wracked with worry and probably also guilt, though he didn't really know why she would be guilty. 

Alessia quickly continued walking picking up some breakfast for her uncle and her before looking for Professor Harvey so he could look at her uncle. She saw Sky and gave him a quick update, promising to catch him up to speed later before she continued on her way back to her uncle's room. He was sat on his bed, leaning against the headboard, eyes closed when she came back, she had found professor Harvey and he had promised to come as soon as he had finished breakfast himself.