Chapter 2:

Alessia hated waiting, it made her feel restless and useless. All she wanted to do was help save her uncle but no, she was forced to stay at Alfea and play nice. She had been wandering the halls aimlessly early in the morning when Sky found her and begged her to come and talk to his dad with him. She sighed, not really happy to see Andreas this early in the morning but she understood he didn't want to go alone.

She sighed dramatically but followed him anyway, she was just happy to do anything to keep her mind off her uncle's upcoming transport and hopefully liberation. Andreas was out on the training field when they found him, Sky asked if they could talk and Alessia hung back a little awkwardly. Andreas nodded, crossing his arms and surveying the teens in front of him. He sighed as he started explaining, again, that Rosalind had ordered him to hide for all these years. "It was nothing personal Sky, just orders."

Sky scowled, something he seemed to be doing a lot lately, but nodded anyway. He held out the sword he brought, which Alessia hadn't noticed until now "Silva gave this to me years ago, he said it belonged to you. I figured you would like it back." Andreas looked at the sword for a minute before he took it and a nasty smile took over his features "I don't know whose sword this is, but this piece of shit isn't mine." He pushed it back into Sky's hands and stalked off.

Alessia tried to comfort her friend but Sky pushed her away and ran in the opposite direction to his dad. She was left alone on the training grounds looking at her feet. She wasn't alone for long though, as Riven approached her hesitantly. He was slowly walking closer holding his hands up as if he was surrendering "hey Al." he greeted her softly. "Riven" answered nodding ever so slightly and trying to keep the venom out of her voice as much as she could.

"I heard Andreas isn't letting you or Sky join us, I'm sorry." He said after a few moments of silence. Alessia sighed but smiled ever so slightly anyway, despite everything she still loved the boy, she feared she always would. "Thanks, it sucks but I also kind of saw it coming and didn't really want to go. Just, can you promise me something?" Riven nodded "anything", she smiled and took a hold of his arm gently "please be careful and look after him. Don't let Andreas hurt him even more, or you."

Riven smiled and nodded enthusiastically "of course, between the two of us, I'm not happy about any of this either. He doesn't deserve to get banished." He whispered the last part making sure no one was there to hear him say it. There would be hell to pay if anyone saw to hear them talking like this. Alessia smiled and squeezed his hand again before walking away, they were already risking talking they couldn't be there too long.

Alessia appreciated the words Riven had said to her but they did absolutely nothing to make her feel better about anything. Nevertheless, she put on a brave face as she walked through Alfea making sure she was seen walking to Rosalind's office so that no one had any evidence of her participation in her uncle's liberation if the girls succeeded that is.

She knew Rosalind was expecting her for her lessons, nothing would excuse her except death so with zero enthusiasm she made her way into the woman's office. Rosalind gave her a tight smile when she walked in, announcing their lesson would be shorter than usual as she had other business to attend to.

Alessia nodded and got ready to do whatever magic the headmistress would want her to do. " I want you to lower the temperature in the room again, but this time even lower than yesterday. After that I want you to successfully create a sound barrier around yourself, block out every single noise except my voice."

Alessia nodded again and flexed her fingers enjoying the feeling of her magic coursing through her veins. Lowering the temperature was easy, much easier than the day before, and before long she could see her own breath coming out of her mouth. Soundproofing the room was harder, much harder.