Chapter 13:

AN: Hey! Soo sorry I have not updated in a very long time but I have been really busy and also have been dealing with some health issues which left me with no energy to do anything apart from the necessary assignments and attending classes and such. I also was not happy with this chapter and rewrote it a few times and still not super happy, but happy enough to upload it. I made it pretty long (4500 words or so) to make up for my lack of updates. Anyway I hope you enjoy and please let me know by voting and commenting! Also thank you sooo much for over 3k reads! I never imagined that so many people would read it and like it enough to add to their reading lists or vote on my chapters so thank you :) 

Training week had started but it was nothing like how Alessia had imagined it, she had been really looking forward to it especially as she was being rotated to train both as a fairy and as a specialist. However she had had very little luck with her partners, first she had been paired up with a male fire fairy who had looked her up and down and then frowned not even bothering to great her or tell her his name. They had fought together but he obviously didn't trust her so he continuously pushed her aside to try and do everything himself. 

After the third failed attempt and another shove to the side Alessia scoffed and walked away angry, glaring at the fire fairy who was left in the maze looking defeated, she had once again 'saved' him when his magic proved to be too weak. She approached her uncle who was joined by Farah and watching her, they tried to give her a smile but she just glared, "please give me another partner this guy only pushes me aside and tries to do it all himself, I'm tired of having to save his ass and only getting a glare as a thank you." She explained looking up at her uncle with pleading eyes. He nodded and looked around to find anyone without a partner, he pointed her in the direction of another fairy, a girl this time and Alessia made her way over hopeful this partner would be better.

She had been very wrong, the girl was nice and had introduced herself as Dianne but it was obvious she was too young and nervous, she was a first year and instead of using her magic to finish the burned one, or well its simulation, she had panicked and dropped to the floor. Alessia couldn't really blame her as she got it was a terrifying creature but this partner wasn't going to help her fight. After a second failed attempt Dianne decided she would join Dowling and Aisha in looking over the training exercises and help determine who was fit to fight and who wasn't. Alessia was happy for the girl but this left her once more without a partner, Silva sighed when he saw her approach again, looking around to see if he could find anyone he could pair his niece with. 

He sighed again when his eyes landed on Riven, not really wanting to pair her up with the boy but he soon figured it was the only option as everyone else was already paired up with someone and training hard and perfectly well. Silva beckoned Alessia to follow him and together they made their way over to Riven who was working son his arms with some ropes as he didn't really have anything else to do. "Riven" he shouted as they got closer telling the boy to come over to them, which the boy did quickly, still a little afraid the man was going to get mad at him for something. "As neither of you have a partner I will be putting the two of you together, that means that you Alessia will train as a fairy. I hope both of you take this serious because if you don't I will pull you both out and have you run laps until you collapse." Riven nodded, gulping slightly while Alessia smiled at her uncle "of course uncle S, we always take these things serious. Where do you want us to start?" She asked giving the man another smile hoping his scowl would disappear. 

Silva nodded and gave his niece a small smile, "you will start here just doing some exercises and when a mat becomes available you will have your first fight and once I think you're ready you will move to the maze." Both the teens nodded and smiled at one another, despite their budding romance and the time they spend together outside training and classes they wouldn't let that distract them from the task at hand. Alessia was excited to test out her magic in a battle and Riven was glad to have something to do and a partner who wouldn't leave if he did a little badly every once in a while.