thirty five

•narcissa•

As we all gathered downstairs I felt my heart beat quicken and my palms start to sweat. I hated not knowing if the children where okay. Just knowing that they are up in that room terrifies me- but I know Draco is going to tell her. He has to.

"Greetings everyone" the dark lord said as I fixed my seating position. I kept my hands under the table because I didn't want him to know I was nervous.

"Now before we get started- Lucius where is your son? He always is here" he stated as my heart dropped.

"He is not here right now my lord, he's.. out" Lucius muttered holding his chin high.

"Oh well I wish I could have seen my nephew" my sister pouted.

"Silence!" He shouted which made me jump.

"Now I am finding Harry Potter, and let's see I need someone in hogwarts- perhaps a.. student" he smiled as my face went cold. "See I was going to chose Draco but- no no I want this girl, she is friends with the diggorys, greyback do you think you could find miss Sydney lockheart?" He stated looking over to Fernir. I could, she's just upstairs.

"I am sorry my lord but I have heard of her, she's a mudblood, why do you want a mudblood?" My sister snapped.

"Because it's MY DECISION!" He snapped back shouting at bellatrix.

"Now I have to think it through if I fully want her so it's not set in stone- but she will have to do a task for me- well that's if I choose her and if I don't it will probably be mrs Parkinson" he smiled as I looked over to the parkinson family and their faces went white.

Without anything else everyone left leaving me and Lucius sitting In our dining room. I immediately picked up my feet as It felt like gravity was pushing them down so I could not walk. I quickly trudged up the stairs reaching the painting. "Darlings, come out we need to speak" I stated as I heard feet get up and open the old painting.

"Is it over?" Draco asked as he face looked tear stained. My poor baby.

"I have some news" I stated looking down "it's best if you come to the study" I said grabbing onto them and pulling them to the study.

We made it as both of them sat down across from me. "Now the dark lord- wants Sydney- now it's not set in stone is what he said but he's considering giving her a task" I said softy as Draco stood up.

"What!" He shouted as I looked up at him "mum she's not getting anywhere near him!"

"I know like I said it's not set in stone-"

"-No mum I don't care he's still considering my girlfriend to do a task! Hell if I knew he was going to give her the dark mark!" Draco shouted as he paced out of the room. I looked over to Sydney staring blankly over at the floor as tears fell out of her eyes.

"Darling, it will be fine he will probably use pansy, so don't fret" I stated standing up.

"I am sorry would you give me a minute" she said as her vice cracked and walked out.

•Sydney•

I ran through the manor and up to Draco's room seeing him pace around. He turned to me immediately and ran up to me "I won't let him touch you, it's not going to happen" he said as his body shook pulling me to his chest.

"Draco it's okay, I will be fine"

"No it's not okay! You don't need this! Hell i need to do it not you! I am not letting you!" He shouted as he pulled away.

"No draco it's fine-"

"-No syd it's not! He's using you because he thinks you are nothing! He Doesn't care if you die! He doesn't care if you get hurt! It's all just so you can do this stupid task!" He paced around the room again.

"Draco it's fine, it's just an option- hell he said he's probably going to pick pansy so why are you stressing?!" I shouted back confused.

"Because I love you! And I cant let anything bad happen to you! I promised you that I will never hurt you again and here we fucking are! It's all my fault!" He rubbed his hands across his face in frustration.

"Draco I love you too! But this is not your fault!" I shouted as the tears started to pour down my face.

He immediately looked at me "just stop shouting! I don't want to fight with you right now!" I cried.

"We aren't fighting!- you know what fuck this" he scoffed walking out and slamming the door as it rattled the room shaking the chandelier. What?

I fell to the floor just wanting him to comfort me. I just wanted to be in his arms. To make him make the pain go away. That's all I ever wanted right now. Was to be in his arms and for him to make the pain go away.

I cradled up against the bed with my knees to my chest as I cried. I wanted him to come back. I cried. I didn't want to become a death eater. And I cried. I didn't want to do a stupid fucking task.

2 hours passed when the door opened as I still looked at the floor in a gaze. With my face puffy, my eyes red.

"Syd" Draco spoke.

"What do you want Draco" I said with no emotion which I knew worried him.

"I- I am sorry-"

"You're sorry?! You're sorry" I scoffed "yeah tell that to the girl who only just wanted you to fucking hold her but you had to storm off because I said we were fighting!" I stood up making eye contact with the platinum blonde hair boy "Draco I just wanted your comfort! Don't you see! I just wanted comfort! I know you care for me and you where angry that this I happening but I just need someone!" I cried.

"I am so sorry Sydney! I just care too much! And I didn't want you to get hurt! I didn't want that.." he said softly as he stepped closer.

"Draco I know but-"

"But what? I care too much?" He scoffed.

"No that's not what I was saying, I was saying that I care for you too.. and I get where you where coming from. But- just" I muttered as I ran up to him and engulfed in his body as he towered over me. His warm body melted against mine. He wrapped his arms around me as I cried. I could feel his tears against my neck.

We stood there for a while before narcissa called us downstairs "darlings I have great news" she smiled.

"What?" Draco asked holding my lower back as narcissa stepped closer.

"He's using pansy" she smiled. Draco looked at me and hugged me. He pulled away smiling. But I still felt horrible for her. Even though I don't like her, I didn't wish this upon anyone.

"But just because he's doing that does not mean that you can't still be on his mind so you are going to have to stick to Draco, never and I mean never leave his side." She stated.

"Okay I can do that" I smiled. "But how do you know he's using pansy?" I asked.

"I just heard from bellatrix" she said softly.

"Thank Merlin" Draco breathed as he engulfed me into another hug.