Chapter Eight

Yoongi sat down next to you and let out a sigh. Curious you asked,

"What did you need to do before coming here?" He looked up at you and smiled.

"I needed to talk to the guidance counselors." Ahh he must've needed to switch out of a class or something.

"Do you have the lyrics with you?" You nodded and walked over to your bag, taking your notebook out and handing it to him. You stood there anxiously as he read the lyrics, his face not telling you much about how he felt about the lyrics.

"Hmm... I think it's good, you mind setting my laptop up with the sound system? I'll write my rap real quick." You nodded and grabbed his laptop which he held out to you. Walking over to the sound system and such you plugged his laptop in while waiting for him to finish writing a rap.

"Done." You looked up at him surprised, glancing at the clock that hung on the wall. He wrote his rap in six minutes, that's incredible.

"You want to try singing first?" He stood up from the couch and walked over to you and the system. You nodded and walked into the booth with your notebook, while warming your voice up. You placed the headphones on and stood in front of the microphone as you thought about the melody of the song.

"You good to go?" Yoongi's voice sounded from the headset. You looked at him who was sitting down in front of the sound system and nodded. Soon enough the music came through the headphones and you started singing,

"Changbakken tto biga wa. Ireol ttaen kkok nega tteoolla. Jami oji a-"

You cut off as your voice cracked. You looked down embarrassed, you didn't think your voice would crack and it was even more embarrassing that Yoongi was watching you the whole time. You looked up at him and nervously smiled; he returned that smile understanding.

"Let's go again." He played the track from the beginning and you started to sing again.

"Changbakken tto biga wa. Ireol ttaen kkok nega tteoolla. Jami oji ana." You slowly swayed to the beat. Immersing yourself with the music. You closed your eyes focusing on controlling your voice to prevent yourself from getting another embarrassing voice crack.

"So I turn up my radio

Natseon moksoriga deullyeoogo

And on the radio

Seulpeun geu sayeoni neomu nae yaegi gataseo."

"Hey DJ play me a song to make me smile

Maeumi uljeokan bame

Na daesin useojul

Geureul itge haejul norae."

You smiled as you thought about the person you had written this song for. Hyuna... You opened your eyes and looked up and you were surprised to see that Yoongi was looking at you, you looked into his eyes and saw something you couldn't quite put your finger on. Soon the music slowly faded away and you were done. You took the headphones off and placed them on the microphone stand before walking back out to join Yoongi.

"You did good." He complimented you as you sat down on the chair. Did good? You guess you did do good besides the fact that your voice cracked.

"I guess, your turn now." You rolled your chair up so that you were sitting in front of his laptop and sound system. He walked into the booth doing voice warm up with a cup of water in hand. He set the cup of water down and put the headphones on and stood in front of the microphone.

"Ready?" You asked, speaking to the microphone. He nodded and you played the track. You made sure to skip to the part where he would start rapping.

"Chiyeolhaetdeon harureul wirohaneun

Eodummajeo jamdeun i bam

Subaek beon nareul tohaenaene geudae apeunikka." He stopped and you turned off the track and looked at him waiting for further instructions.

"Could you play that?" You replayed the track. He stood there taking a sip of water from his cup as we both listened closely. He sounded good, you admit that but... something was off...

"Don't you think I am a bit too fast?" He asked. Ah! That was what sounded off, he was going a bit too fast.

"Yeah, slow it down a little." You winked. You deleted the recording he just did and played the track from the beginning.

"Chiyeolhaetdeon harureul wirohaneun

Eodummajeo jamdeun i bam

Subaek beon nareul tohaenaene geudae apeunikka." As he continued to rap you listened to the meaning of the lyrics. And to say they hit you hard would be an understatement.

"The darkness has gone to sleep. Throws me up hundreds of times, because you're in pain." You looked at Yoongi through the glass and admired the way he was so immersed in the music. The way his lips moved, and the way he bobbed his head along the beat and weird enough even the way the vein in his neck popped out whenever he started rapping. You had to admit Yoongi was attractive, sure he didn't talk much and kept things to himself but you knew he was a good person you've seen it with the way he acts around you and the other guys.

"Eonjena dangsinui saleul wirohal teni

Budi naege gakkeum gidaeeo swieogagireul."

"I'll always console your life So just lean on me and rest sometimes." As he rapped that he looked right at you and you saw that same look in his eyes from earlier. You felt like he meant to say that to you. Did he figure out the meaning behind the lyrics? You wouldn't be surprised if he did, you liked to say you were a closed book but from the way Jimin and Yoongi acts around you, you knew you were more of an open book kind of person. He took the headphones off and walked back to me.

"I can take it from here." You nodded and got up from your seat watching in amazement seeing Yoongi edit the track.

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

"I'm done editing." You looked up from your phone and looked at Yoongi. It had only taken him about 40 minutes to edit everything.

"Let's listen to it." You walked over to him and sat next to him. He played the song as you both listened closely. You were amazed to hear how well your and Yoongi's voice went together. Choir teachers said your voice made you a soprano, but your voice was both a soprano and alto. Choir teachers liked having you do solos because they knew you had the vocal range and ability to hit those notes, but you preferred to use your lower singing range.

"I'm turning this in right now." You smiled and nodded. You had to admit, Yoongi was a good partner to work with and you wouldn't mind working with him again. That's when your mind started ticking.

"Our college is going to have a talent show pretty soon. Maybe you should sign up for it." Jimin's voice rang in your head. If you were guessing correctly the talent show was two weeks from now.

"Hey Yoongi...?" He looked at you raising an eyebrow.

"I was wondering... do you want to enter the talent show together...?" He looked taken aback not expecting you to ask him that.

"Umm..."

"You don't have to do it if you don't want to." You smiled at him. He thought about it for a few minutes before saying,

"Sure why not." Your eyes twinkled. You had not expected him to agree.

"Really?!" You smiled brightly as he nodded his head.

"Yeah, I mean why not? I'm already in the talent show." You raised an eyebrow. How come you didn't know about this?

"Really?" He leaned back in his seat and sighed.

"Yeah, me and the rest of the boys are putting on a performance." You sat there shocked, how come you didn't know about this?

"That's so cool!" 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

A/n: Another boring chapter :) That'll be all for today!