Chapter 35

Newt. He's actually here. Right in front of me.

His hair is still blonde, the blonde I love oh so much, but it's much dirtier. He looks the same... Everything except his eyes. They aren't filled with love anymore. I think they're filled with hate. Hate directed towards me.

"Newt..." I take a step forward, but immediately take a step back when he doesn't reach out for my hand like he used to. He's different. And I'm not sure I like the new Newt.

"Newt," I say, my voice hoarse. "Newt, it's me, Marina. Remember me? The Maze? Remember all those good times? The Scorch? Do you remember any of this?"

Newt reaches behind him, and pulls out a gun. He points it at me. I start to shake. "Newt, please! What's gotten into you? Where's the boy I remember? Funny, sarcastic, light-hearted? What happened to him? Where is he?" I start to cry, my feelings confusing me.

"You will come with me or I'll pull the trigger." He says. His voice is the same. The same accent I fell in love with. But it's not him speaking. I know it's not.

It's W.I.C.K.E.D. I know it is.

I also know that Newt has the Flare. The disease that eats away at your brain, eventually making you go crazy and then die.

But then again, I have it too.

{A/N: I'm such an awful author. My chapters are so short and they suck so much. Gosh.

I know where I want to story to go, but idk how to get there. I'm planning on having the Scorch and everything in between then and now be a maybe prequel type thing? Idk.

I think I might only have a couple more chapters in this book. Then I'll work on my other stories for a while, then I'm probably going to start the prequel thing. Maybe.}