Chapter 33

I follow the boys through the hallways, staying silent. I don't know why it's taken them so long to get to me, but I'm happy they're here now.

When we reach a hanger with three Bergs in it, we slow down. One of the Bergs is running. I see Brenda, whom I'm not very fond of, climbing into the side. I see Jorge, climbing in after her.

Thomas turns around, looking at me. "Are you ready?"

I stand taller. I've grown up, mentally and physically, since the Maze Trials. When Newt went missing, I had to stay strong; not just for myself, but for everyone else. If I lost it, they lost it.

I nod my head, mentally preparing myself for the run ahead of me. It's a good thing I kept in shape when I was prisoner. I did push-ups and ran in place almost all day so I stayed in shape.

"Go!" Minho yells. Thomas quickly grabs my hand, pulling me with him when he dashes out of our hiding place.

Bullets wiz past us. One literally flies directly in front of me, almost hitting my nose. I let go of Thomas's hand, grabbing a gun off the floor.

I shoot down guard after guard, not letting it bother me. It usually does, but this is a life-or-death situation.

We reach the Berg, and Thomas stands guard, letting me get in first. I climb in, and smirk at the look of shock on Brenda's face. She surely wasn't expecting me to come climbing in.

"How ya doin'?" I ask causally.

"I thought you were dead," she says under her breath.

"Do I look dead to you?" I ask. She shakes her head. "Then keep your rude comments to yourself."

Everyone piles in. Jorge flies us out of there once the door shuts.

I sit down next to Thomas. He wraps his arm around my shoulder, pulling me to him. I rest my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes and sighing deeply.

"I missed you," he whispers in my ear.

"Yeahhh..." I say just before I drift into a deep sleep.

{A/N: OMG. I'm so sorry I haven't update in a month!!! I had really bad writers block, but it's gone now! I hope to be updating more frequently. Please comment what you think about this (very short) chapter.

Thanks.}