Chapter 6

I slowly reach out and take the sandwich from Newt's hands. I walk over to a tree and slide down the trunk, unwrapping the sandwich. I bite into it and realize I haven't eaten in probably over twenty-four hours. And man, did the bacon taste good. I wonder if I enjoyed bacon in my old life. Did my mom make it for me in the morning before school? Did I even have a mom? If so, what did she look like? Was she pretty? Do I look like her? I'm so wrapped up in my own mind I don't notice Newt sit down next me me.

"That taste good?" He asks. I jump at his voice. He laughs a little. I just nod in response. "Well good." We sit in silence for a few minutes. "Since your calmed down a bit, want the tour?"

"No." I state simply, through bites.

"What?" He says, sounding hurt. "Why?"

"I basically already gave myself a tour."

"Oh, right. When you were avoiding me. You know, I'm the only one who's been nice to you so far." I look at him, then back down at my sandwich, almost finished, in my hands.

"I know." I mumble.

"Then why did you run?"

"I don't know." I admit. "Can I ask you a question now?" I ask him.

"Shoot." He says.

"How tall am I? How old do you think I am? Am I pret-" Newt cuts me off.

"That was three questions."

"Almost three. More like two and a half." I laugh softly. Newt stares at me. "What?" I say, feeling my face turn slightly red.

"That's the first time I've heard you do anything besides yell at me."

"Sorry."

"What was that?" Newt asks jokingly.

"I said I was sorry, okay?" I turn to look at him. He's already looking at me. He places his hand on my cheek, just like he did in the tree.

"I'd say you're probably five five. I'd also say you're probably sixteen or seventeen, just like me. And yes, you are pret."

"That's not funny. You're the one who cut me off."

Newt then quickly takes his hand off my cheek and stands up, offering me his hand. "Want to see something?"