Chapter 2

I look around. The Glade is a big, round area surrounded by walls... Fifty foot high walls... I'd say it's about four football fields long.

No one says anything. I look at the boy who helped me out of the box. He's looking right at me. I look right back.

Then I make a run for it. I'm not sure where I'm going, I just run away from those boys. I see a forest up ahead and run into it. I hear the boys yelling "She's headed for the Deadheads!" I find a tall tree and start climbing. I hear shouts coming nearer. I make myself as small as possible.

Then someone starts to climb my tree. I start climbing higher.

"Love," I hear his British accent. "Love, please come down."

"Why? Why should I come down?" I say between quick breaths.

"I want to talk to you. You don't have to talk to the other boys, just me right now. Okay?"

I decided that I'm able to trust this guy. I start slowly climbing down the tree and see the boy sitting on a branch. I sit next to him, scrunching my knees up to my chest. We don't say anything for awhile because they're shouts coming from below.

"Is she hot? I didn't get a good look at 'er."

"I call dibs!"

"Stop makin' out and get down here!"

I look down and see that a tall, muscular Asian boy said that.

"You can't call dibs on me, you know!" I yell. "Just because I'm the first girl here doesn't mean that you can just call me!"

"Let me talk to her for awhile and then she'll come down!" The boys yells at them, his accent strong. "And we're not making out, Minho! But I bet you wish you were!" He yells at the Asian boy. The Asian boy-Minho- just laughs. The boy on the branch seems to be the leader, so all the boys slowly wander away, Minho being the last.