Chapter 4

"The Glade."

"I know that," I say, getting frustrated. "Why can't you tell me anything?"

"Because..." Newt says, looking up at me.

"Why can't you answer me, at least?" I say, looking up at him. His caramel eyes are so pretty. 'Oh my gosh! Why are these things popping into my head?!?' I think.

Newt reaches up and places his right hand softly on my cheek. "Your eyes are so blue." He says softly, leaning forward a bit.

"And your eyes are so pretty." I say under my breath. 'Why did I just say that out loud?!?'

"What?" Newt takes his hand away from my cheek and sits up straighter.

"Nothing." I say quickly.

"Did you just say my eyes were-"

I cut him off. "Nope."

"I swear I heard you say my eyes were-"

"Nope. You must've misheard me. I didn't say a word." And with that, I start to climb down the tree... Quickly. I hear Newt start to climb down the tree, too, but not as quickly as me.

I reach the bottom and start to run again. I'm not sure where I'm going, but I keep running. I hear Newt calling my name, but I just keep going. I don't want to have another conversation with him again if I'm going start saying things like that around him. I'll just keep them to myself.