Chapter 32

I snap open my eyes. White. Oh great.

I wonder what time it is. I've tried keeping track of the days by when I would get food, but then food starting getting brought to my room less often. I look down at myself. I'm wearing dirty clothes... I haven't had clean clothes since the Maze. I probably smell like horse shit, but you know what they say... You can't smell yourself. Well, you can, but it's hard to.

I walk over to the desk. I open and close all of the draws even though I know there's nothing in them. I walk over to the door and look for a knob. Nothing. There's always been nothing. They really must need me for something.

BANG!

Something slams against the door on the other side. I jump back and back up against the wall parallel the door. The door swings open with a crash.

I stare in shock.

Th Gladers. They came for me. They're right in front of me.

Thomas stands in the front of the group, Minho next to him. I recognize Frypan and a few others.

I feel the tears start to fill my eyes. I rush forward and crush Thomas in a hug.

"No time for lovely dovey crap," Minho says. "We gotta get going."

I release Thomas and hug Minho next, not as hard as I did Thomas. He hugs me back. "Good to see ya, kid." He says in my ear. I smile at him. He pats my head.

"We've only got about ten minutes before those shanks come lookin' for us," Minho says. "Let's go."

-------
{A/N: This chapter is dedicated to @newtiescutie .}