Chapter 3: The Snivy Inquisition

Oliver reached the outside of the forest, looking up to the starry sky. He smiled brightly at the sight. They had finally made it out after a few more hours of travelling.

Their first day travelling hadn't been so bad. All they did was take a stroll through a forest, befriend a Pichu, have a life or death fight for the life of a Pachirisu, break an arm, and leave happily.

Okay, maybe their first day had much to be desired.

The Oshawott let out a shaky sigh to himself, finally letting himself calm down. Oliver hadn't exactly been a fan of going against a Charizard on his first day far from Kanet Village, but he knew that it was a good experience for the both of them. He now understood the dangers of being out alone. At least he thought he did.

A familiar Pikachu left the forest after him, his right arm and paw freshly bandaged. It was Jacob, who wore a soft smile as he approached the Oshawott. "Finally, we're out." He sighed. "What's up next?"

Jacob, although being down for any adventure thrown at him, was a little glad that they left the forest before he sustained any more damage. His arm hurt slightly, stinging a bit each time he moved his arm.

"Sleep." Oliver looked over at the Pikachu with an irritated expression. "We have to get some sleep for the night."

"Oh come on..." Jacob complained, "But it's right there!" The Pikachu pointed over at a city that they were overlooking from the cliff they were standing on.

"Woah..." The Oshawott's eyes widened as he looked over at the lights in it. "I know that place. It's... Casteel City."

The lights of the multiple buildings and areas in the city glowed through the night, the areas around it lightly covered by the light. The two Pokémon stared at the large city with wide eyes.

"See? Can't we just head over there?" The Pikachu asked.

"Okay, fine." He sighed, putting a paw on his forehead. "We can go now."

"Yes!" Jacob exclaimed excitedly, springing off of the ground and beginning to run towards the cliff overlooking the city.

"Hey, wait up!" Oliver dashed after him, secretly sighing to himself.

---

Casteel City, Sinnoh

Late in the night, Oliver and Jacob both walked through the city. They gazed at the various sights and areas, both smiling softly at the lights. Everything in Casteel City seemed to be colorful and bright, a place that Oliver seemed to like especially.

"There should be a hotel around here somewhere..." The Oshawott thought out loud.

"It might be that way." Jacob pointed towards an alley which visibly led to another part of the city.

"No... Not that way..." A figure from the shadows thought. "Damn tourists..." A pebble flew from the shadows, striking the ground in front of the Oliver's feet.

"Huh?" Oliver looked down at the pebble confusedly. "Where'd that come from?" He looked around for a quick moment before shrugging.

Even though Oliver shrugged off his confusion, he was now a bit suspicious of the area around him. He gazed around everywhere in the area, not seeing anyone. When he looked over to the alley Jacob pointed at, he could see a faint figure standing there before fading into the darkness.

"C'mon, Ollie." The Pikachu told him, beginning to walk through the alley. "It should be on the other side."

"Right." Oliver followed behind quickly, trying to shorten the distance between him and Jacob. He looked at the area he saw the figure at when he passed it, but didn't see anything.