Chapter 5: An Unbroken Spirit

The bright sun shone in the clear blue sky, shining down on a Pikachu and Oshawott.

"Yay!!" Jacob shouted, running through a meadow. He was followed by a younger Oliver, who wore a shy smile as he followed behind him. "I win!"

"No fair!" Oliver jokingly pouted, catching up to his best friend. "You ran on all fours!"

"Maybe." Jacob rolled his eyes with a bright smile. "But I guess you're right." The Pikachu leaned back, landing on his back. He moved his arms slightly, feeling the blades of grass below his arms.

"So my Mommy was talking to your Mommy this morning..." Oliver began out of nowhere, laying down next to him. "Did she kick you out this morning because you asked about your Daddy again?"

"It's not my fault that Mommy's so greedy about telling me who Daddy was!" The Pikachu suddenly began flailing his limbs.

"Maybe it's hard for her to talk about."

"You sound like a grown-up."

"Maybe she just forgot or something." The Oshawott tried to convince him. "You should say sorry."

"No!" He shouted, crossing his arms with a pout. "Mommy should say sorry first!"

"But your Mommy is probably really sad about your Daddy." Oliver argued, "It must make her sad to think about."

"...I guess you're right." Jacob sighed dramatically. "Thank you Ollie."

"You're welcome."

The two laid there in silence for a while, looking up at the blue sky. The two wore indifferent expressions as the only thing that could be heard was their soft breathing.

"Ollie?"

"Yeah?"

"Can we stay friends forever?" The Pikachu looked over to him with a smile.

"Where'd that come from?" Oliver asked confusedly, looking back to Jacob.

"I just wanted to ask, since I'm gonna do something big when I grow up."

"Something big?"

"I'm gonna go on a journey around Sinnoh." The Pikachu declared with a bright smile. "Maybe even the whole world!"

"You're dreaming really big, Jacob."

"So... Do you wanna come with me?" Jacob asked, looking back up to the sky. "It'll be really fun!"

"Eh... Why not?" The Oshawott shrugged with a bright smile, "I'll come with you. We'll be friends forever, anyway."

"Yeah!" Jacob exclaimed, holding out a paw and bumping it against Oliver's.

---

???, Sinnoh

A familiar Pikachu coughed loudly, breathing slowly and shakily. His arms were bound to a high point on a wall, leaving him dangling from it. The Pikachu had various bruises around his body, the most apparent one being a bruise on his forehead, leaving a throbbing lump.

Out of pity, his right arm had been healed. He was able to move it without feeling any pain aside from the pain emanating from the multiple bruises on his body.

The shackles were tightly bound around his wrists, made out of a strong metal. The Pikachu remained a soft glare as he looked forwards and out of his cell. He hadn't heard much since he was imprisoned, but he knew that it was solitary confinement.