Chapter 17: A Reason

---

Grotto PKMN Center, Sinnoh

"Yes!" A familiar Scorbunny exclaimed, walking into the Pokémon Center. "Made it just in time."

Frost and Leah walked up from behind him, looking around. Simon let out a sigh of relief, and Chomps was simply remaining still. Following behind them was an exhausted Pikachu, who was barely able to keep up with them.

"Is this it?" Jacob asked, trying to catch his breath. This got a nod from Logan, making the Pikachu finally relax himself.

As he did, they were suddenly alerted by a metallic sound. They all looked back to see a few more Pokémon walk in before closing a large metallic door just in front of the sliding doors of the Center.

"Wow... We really cut it close there..." He remarked.

"Jacob?"

The Pikachu's ears perked to the sound of a familiar voice. He looked to his left to see an Oshawott standing there with a surprised expression.

"Oh hey, Ollie." He smiled. "Glad to know that you made it here okay. What about Sophie, though?"

"Jacob's still alive?" Sophie, who was a short distance away, asked. "I thought for sure you'd be dead." The Snivy walked over.

"Well, that makes the whole group." The Pikachu remarked before seeing the crate that Sophie had behind her. "Um... What's with the crate?"

"We ran into the food seller here." Oliver explained, "We're just helping out."

"What about them?" The Snivy pointed to Logan, Leah, Frost, and Chomps. "Are they with you?"

"More like he's with us." Leah commented.

"No, I followed you to your treehouse, so technically..." He suddenly stopped. "Aw, man..."

"Yeah, that's what I thought." The Aipom smiled.

"Treehouse?" Sophie asked, "Where even were you through all of this?"

"Well after separating from you two, I met Logan and the others." Jacob began to explain. "They attacked me, but it turns out that Logan only wanted to have a good fight."

"Logan's the... Scorbunny, right?" Oliver looked over to Logan, who gave an affirmative grin. "...Right. Anyway, why do you look so tired?"

"Well a group of Nidorino shook the treehouse and tried to kill us in the middle of the night, is all." The Pikachu replied, fanning a paw.

Leah walked up to speak, "Anyway, we're--" Her voice was suddenly cut off when she heard a scream of joy.

"Logan!!" A familiar Blissey exclaimed, running over and giving the Scorbunny a hug. "I'm so glad you're okay!"

"What the? Ms. Lucy, what are you doing?" Logan asked loudly.

"Hugging you, what else?" She asked with a soft smile. "I'm just glad that you're okay..."

"I was fine!" The Scorbunny argued stubbornly.

"Aw..." Frost teased. "Is this your substitute mommy?"

"Shut up, Frost!" He kicked his legs. "Just wait, I got you later. Don't worry about it."

"Is that a threat?" She asked with a smirk.

"Yeah, it's a threat!!" He yelled at her.

"Okay, and?" The Sneasel asked with a taunting grin.

"GRAHH!!"