Chapter 31: Grotto News!

---

Grotto PKMN Center, Sinnoh

Oliver tugged at a bandage that was wrapped around the top of his head. The Oshawott groaned at his reflection in the bathroom mirror, wondering how he'd explain away the bandages if his parents were to call the Pokémon Center of Forest Grotto.

Granted, Kanet Village didn't have a Pokémon Center, much less a video calling system.

"Ollie!" A familiar voice called from outside the bathroom.

Oliver's ears twitched softly as he opened the door, being face-to-face with Jacob, who had various different bandages on his body.

"What's up?"

"Lucy just told me and Sophie that we're all clear to start walking around the Grotto and stuff!" The Pikachu smiled brightly, "What do you wanna do first?"

"Hm... That's a tough one," Oliver put a paw on his chin as he walked out of the bathroom and followed his best friend.

It had been a few days since Oliver, Jacob, and Sophie had woken up. For the past few days, the trio had been resting in their beds, only getting up to use the bathroom or get food.

In those few days, the trio had been discussing where to travel next after they finished their business in Forest Grotto. They hadn't exactly decided on a place, but they had agreed that they would cross that bridge when they came to it.

As the duo walked outside, they saw a familiar Snivy sitting on the steps leading up to the Pokémon Center's entrance.

She looked back at the two, revealing a bandage that was placed over her right eye, "Ready to look around?"

"Are we ever!?" Jacob excitedly smiled.

Sophie let out a faint sigh as she stood up. The whole experience of Forest Grotto had resonated with her, and she noticed a different side of Jacob that she had noticed back in Casteel City.

An unwavering determination in himself and his friends to reach a goal.

But now he seemed back to his usual, lighthearted self. He was speaking a volume louder, and he also seemed to be focused back on his goal of exploring different places.

Her thoughts faded away as the sound of distant shouting filled her head.

"Get away from me, lady!!"

The trio looked to their left to see a familiar Scorbunny running out of the forest area, chased closely by an Azumarill, a Sudowoodo, and an Electabuzz.

Logan looked over and saw them looking back at him. As he approached the Pokémon Center's newly built entrance, he skidded to a stop to breathe heavily.

"Exemplary!" Azzy exclaimed, walking up to them, "Just the four I was looking for!"

"Wait what?" Oliver and Jacob's heads cocked to the right as Sophie raised an eyebrow.

Logan took a few deep breaths before speaking, "She's here to interview the four of us."

Jacob looked at Azzy, "Why would she do that?"

"We're literally the group to lead the charge in the fight for the Grotto, liberating a location after nine years of tyranny," Sophie looked at the Pikachu with a questioning gaze.

"Good point..." Jacob looked away, smiling awkwardly.

Oliver turned to Azzy "We'll do the interviews."

"Great!" Azzy exclaimed, "You four sit at the steps while we set up."

As the Azumarill walked off to talk with the Electabuzz and Sudowoodo, the four did as they were told and sat at the steps.