TWELVE

TW: mentions of self harm

"Let...me...go....are....you demented-" "I dare you to finish that sentence knowing damn well that I am seconds away from landing you in the hospital wing for a generous amount of time" Alex threatened, her once blue eyes glowing green. 

"Now listen to me and listen very closely. Don't you dare mention my family in any of your taunting letters. My family is my business. Just because one incident happened to leak to the public doesn't mean you can use it to pry into my life. Let me remind you of your place, you're a normal witch, I'm a cursed being. 

Meaning I can end your life if I want to, I can make you see stars that won't leave for a long while if I want to. You've pushed your limit, Chang. Dare I receive another letter from you, I will make sure you won't be able to write one ever again" she let go of the girl, the impact with the floor accompanied with fright knocked her out.

Alex stared at the three girls on the floor with disgust before waving her hand and walking away. "Bodies dealt with" Theo asked "It's a problem for whoever finds them" "Sloppy work my lady, I don't appreciate that" the boy tutted "As long as I have my alibi, I'm fine" the girl sighed whilst running a hand through her hair. 

"Hey, just take a breather, alright. But to be fair, I told you to solve this issue early before it got out of hand" he took her in his arms trying to calm her down. "Al, are you hearing me" "It's okay, I'm fine" she said removing his hands from around her.

"You've been acting strange lately, almost as if distant. Is there something you're not telling me? Did I do something wrong or-" "No Theo, you didn't do anything. My mind is just messed up at the moment" Alex told him "Alex, we said that you'd tell me if there was anything bothering you" "I know that we did" "So why aren't you telling me-"

"Theo, I think we should break up" Alex blurted out and the boy stopped walking "W-what" "I've been thinking about it and- and I feel like it's best for the both of us" "Tell me what you mean by 'best for the both of us' Al. is it the best for us or the best for you" Theodore asked raising his eyebrows

"Don't say it like that. And you heard what I said. I said I think we should because I haven't thought it through all the way" "What could even make you think about that. Our relationship is fine Alex" The boy spoke trying to mask the strain in his voice. "It's just that I don't think that us dating is safe....for you. Imagine if he found out about it, I'm telling you he won't be lenient with you" Alex explained

"That doesn't mean we have to break up. We can figure out another way about it-" "Which was why I didn't want to tell you yet but you insisted. I have to go" Before he could stop her, she quickly walked away in the other direction and hurried to the seventh floor. The moment the door closed behind her, she let it all out. Every emotion she had kept in just decided to come out all at once.

At least I told him, at least he knows was what kept going through her mind the whole time. But she didn't want to break up with him, she wanted to be with him like she had always dreamt of but her father was a hindrance in everything and she didn't like that. But what could she do about it without getting herself in the hospital again or endangering anyone.

Her mind is a very dangerous place to be at times, and it's even worse when you're in a room where whatever you think will be brought to life because sitting right in front of her on a coffee table was a small wooden box encasing a shiny new knife that glinted in the light when she opened it, she never left the room that day.

Meanwhile, the blonde boy eventually made it back to his room after getting lost a couple of times and he was greeted by a very enthusiastic Benjamin. "Good news on the Care for magical creatures exam. Hagrid said that- are you okay" the boy's enthusiasm reduced when he saw the look on his friend's face.